are the heavy melee fighters of the Shadow Army
. They can massacre spell casters and warriors alike, especially with Deep Wound
and knock downs
. In addition to their knock down skills, Abyssals also knock down foes whenever they score critical hits
 Fissure of Woe
 Domain of Anguish
 Armor ratings
 Items dropped
- Blind, weakness and interruption are good against Abyssals. Traps are also useful against them.
- Spellcasters should avoid direct confrontation with Abyssals. They are capable of dishing out great damage, knockdowns and brutal interrupts, taking out a caster in three hits, during which the victim will not have a chance to cast anything or run away.
- Miniature Abyssal is based upon these creatures.
- There is an Abyssal Tonic.
- Abyssals in the Domain of Anguish use Battle Rage even though it is their only adrenaline based skill.
- The icon used for monster skills in Prophecies resembles Abyssal's face.