From Guild Wars Wiki
The Zaishen Chest is a special chest which can only be opened with a Zaishen Key.
Drops one of the following:
- Random inscribable rare weapon (not all skins are available)
- Skill tomes
- Elite tome
- Non-elite tome
- Beetle Juice Tonic
- Transmogrifier Tonic
- Yuletide Tonic
- Everlasting Beetle Juice Tonic (very rare)
- Everlasting Transmogrifier Tonic (very rare)
- Everlasting Yuletide Tonic (very rare)
- Everlasting Frosty Tonic (Very rare. Contrary to popular belief, it does drop year round.)
- Everlasting Mischievous Tonic (Very rare. Contrary to popular belief, it does drop year round.)
- Everlasting Sinister Automatonic (very rare)
- Monthly tonic with everlasting counterpart (rare):
Zaishen Rewards Calendar Month Tonic Everlasting Every January: Cerebral Tonic Everlasting Cerebral Tonic (rare) Every February: Searing Tonic Everlasting Searing Tonic (rare) Every March: Abyssal Tonic Everlasting Abyssal Tonic (rare) Every April: Unseen Tonic Everlasting Unseen Tonic (rare) Every May: Phantasmal Tonic Everlasting Phantasmal Tonic (rare) Every June: Automatonic Everlasting Automatonic (rare) Every July: Boreal Tonic Everlasting Boreal Tonic (rare) Every August: Trapdoor Tonic Everlasting Trapdoor Tonic (rare) Every September: Macabre Tonic Everlasting Macabre Tonic (rare) Every October: Skeletonic Everlasting Skeletonic (rare) Every November: Gelatinous Tonic Everlasting Gelatinous Tonic (rare) Every December: Abominable Tonic Everlasting Abominable Tonic (rare)
- Opening this chest adds 5 points to the Zaishen title track.
- Although this chest frequently drops inscribable weapons with maximum stats, it often drops weapons with high-requirements (e.g. rank 12 or 13 in the relevant attribute); on rare occasions, it can also drop non-inscribable weapons or those with below-maximum stats (e.g. a bow that does 15–27 damage instead of 15–28).
- This chest is mechanically different from chests found in other explorable areas: you cannot open it with a Lockpick; it can be opened more than once without zoning; and, if you have a key, it automatically opens when activated (without the standard key-use dialogue).
- When using multiple keys, you can end up with more drops than your inventory can carry. Bring a Mercantile Summoning Stone to sell unwanted items or be sure to pick up items as they drop so that you do not have to leave any behind.