A trophy (or collectable drop) is a type of item dropped by enemies that can be sold to merchants for gold or traded to certain NPCs (called collectors) for other item rewards. Trophies are only dropped singly by non-boss foes, while bosses can drop stacks of up to three trophies.
Quest reward trophies
Quest reward trophies, also known as reward tokens, are a subtype of trophies which can only be obtained as quest rewards. Certain NPCs collect this type of trophy in exchange for items also sold by merchants (e.g. kits, keys, alcohol, and, in the case of Trade Contracts, Rubies, Sapphires, and Diamonds). However, reward trophies cannot themselves be sold to merchants.
Some examples of these are:
- Ancient Artifacts (The Desolation)
- Battle Commendations (Istan)
- Equipment Requisition (Echovald Forest)
- Imperial Commendations (Kaineng City)
- Inscribed Secrets (the Realm of Torment)
- Kournan Coins (Kourna)
- Luxon Totems (the Jade Sea)
- Monastery Credits (Shing Jea Island)
- Trade Contracts (Vabbi)
Challenge mission rewards
Challenge mission rewards are mostly Armor remnants. They can be earned by completing tasks in a challenge, killing certain enemies and through a chest drop (only with Primeval Armor Remnant(s) and Deldrimor Armor Remnant(s)).
- Stolen Sunspear Armor(s) from the Dajkah Inlet challenge mission.
- Ancient Armor Remnant(s) from the Remains of Sahlahja challenge mission.
- Mysterious Armor Piece(s) from The Shadow Nexus.
- Primeval Armor Remnant(s) from The Ebony Citadel of Mallyx.
- Deldrimor Armor Remnant(s) from the Slavers' Exile dungeon
- Cloth of the Brotherhood from Glint's Challenge
These armor remnants/pieces can be used to upgrade your hero's armor, this does not give any armor boost and is like a players' Prestige armor
These trophies can be sold to other players but not to merchants.
Festival trophies can generally be obtained as both loot and quest rewards, but only during festivals such as Wintersday or Canthan New Year, e.g. Candy Cane Shards, Lunar Tokens or Jade Wind Orbs (used in the first Dragon Festival). There is a chance any kind of monster can drop these trophies.
Domain of Anguish Gemstones
Trophies that can be exchanged for common items
Scavenger hunt trophies
- A straightforward method of obtaining trophies is to locate an explorable area which has the mob or creature you want near an exit portal. By repeatedly exiting the area and coming back in and kill that one group, your party will usually acquire that trophy, although it is definitely a tedious process. This may be applicable for certain bosses as well.