|Value||Can't be sold|
During Canthan New Year:
- 25 for completing Just My Luck
- 25 for completing Fire in the Sky
- 25 for completing The Big Bang
- 25 for completing The Knights Who Say Nian
- 25 for completing Hopeless Romantic
- 25 for completing Douse Your Enthusiasm or A Burning Desire
- Festival games
- 3 for a win in the Dragon Arena
- Dragon Nest
- 1 for participation
- +2 per outscored opponent for top 3 finishers
- +10 for first place
- 1 for giving a correct ingredient during the preparation of the dishes
- 10 from a Red Gift Bag (~10% chance)
- 1 from Mifune in exchange for a Racing Medal
- 3 Lunar Tokens can be traded to the Lunar Fortune Giver in Shing Jea Monastery for a Lunar Fortune.
- 5 tokens can be traded to the Lunar Gift Keeper for a Red Gift Bag.
- Single tokens can be used to play rock, paper, scissors against Lucky Hochei in Lion's Arch.
- Single tokens can also be used to gain predictions about the future from Fortune Tellers in Shing Jea Monastery, Kamadan and Lion's Arch.
 Efficient order for gathering 150 Lunar Tokens
With a reasonable setup, you can run through the quest for up to three leechers taking no more than 25-30 minutes per run for 150 tokens.
 Before Canthan New Year
Eliminate some headaches by taking care of these things before the event begins:
- Farm 10 dust for each character.
- Factions characters: hit level 5 (easily done by doing all the first tier training in Sunqua Vale)
- You can hit most of the second tier training during CNY, although some of these are more out of the way.
- Unlock Tsumei Village.
- Unlock Ran Musu Gardens (saves 3-5 minutes per player characters); can only be done by completing Minister Cho's Estate (which also helps you hit level 5). Needs only be done by your "farming" character.
- Unlock the Sunspear Great Hall and either Jokanur Diggings or The Astralarium.
- Make sure you can take heroes (or primary player characters) with party-wide speed boosts, ideally "Fall Back!", "Charge!", and/or "Incoming!".
 Nightfall quests
- Douse Your Enthusiasm or A Burning Desire
You will get enough fireworks (needed later for The Big Bang) from Lunar Fortunes. So do Burning for two Party Animal points (which is also the slightly quicker quest to complete) or Douse for one Sweet Tooth point.
- Team: one spirit, one heal, and as many speed boosts as possible.
- Exit Sunspear Great Hall; wait for the two NPCs to stop chastising each other.
- Take quest from Elder Nofuun or Fehj.
- Map travel to Jokanur Diggings; head towards the fireworks (Burning) or the village (Douse).
- Ignore all foes.
- Don't bother visiting the village (for Burning).
- Return to Sunspear Great Hall; exit, and claim reward (you have to /dance next to Nofunn for Burning)
 Factions quests
- Farm Festival Dyes for The Knights Who Say Nian
- In Shing Jea Monastery, take The Knights Who Say Nian.
- Leave from Ran Musu Gardens (shortest path) or Tsumei Village (fewer foes along the way).
- Kill the Knights, take the dye.
- Farm quest items for Just My Luck
- Team: heroes with speed boosts. Hex-removal is a nice bonus. Bring 1-2 good damage skills and self-heal or group heal.
- Alternatively, bring four player characters with EVAS, a speed boost, and a self-heal (allowing you to farm four sets per visit).
- In Shing Jea Monastery, take Just My Luck only.
- Map travel to Ran Musu Gardens, exit into Kinya Province and then re-enter Ran Musu Gardens through the portal (to prime your location in the outpost for when you resign).
- Exit and turn immediately right, then left after the gap in the hills. You can run on autopilot for about 10-15 seconds.
- Grab the berries and resign (you'll be next to the Kinya Province portal in Ran Musu Gardens again).
- Repeat until you have enough berries.
- Exit Tsumei Village to Panjiang Peninsula, head north to kill Sheldon the Verminator for the Sparkling Kappa Shell.
- Head to the caves to grab the Spring Water. Don't stop for anything.
- Repeat until you have enough of each.
- Fire in the Sky and start Just My Luck
- In Shing Jea Monastery, take Fire in the Sky, Hopeless Romantic, and The Knights Who Say Nian.
- Exit to Sunqua Vale and talk to Hapless Chong and Nubao Lao just outside Shing Jea Monastery.
- Promise to help Chong and give 10 dust to Lao.
- Head to the cemetery to talk to Guwon; give her the quest items. Resign or map travel back to Shing Jea Monastery to claim the Fire in the Sky reward and get the following quest, The Big Bang.
- If you have multiple players, you only need one set of items. The quests for the leechers will not update, but (see below) they will ultimately get credit for the quest anyhow.
- The Big Bang, Hopeless Romantic, and complete Just My Luck
- Exit Shing Jea Monastery into Sunqua Vale and speak to Nubah Lao to update The Big Bang.
- Map travel to Tsumei Village and exit into Panjiang Peninsula.
- Immediately head for the three Nian groups (with two players, send the first to #1 and #3 and the second for #2) and firework them to death.
- Head back to the shrine and speak to Hai Len.
- Head to the house to kill the kappa.
- Move to the fields and kill the plants.
- Send the damage dealer to kill the bull while the party-speed booster moves Hai Len along.
- Any players should head to Guwon's rendezvous at the beach and wait for that to finish, then claim the Just My Luck reward.
- Wait for Hai Len to give the final pun and map travel out. (Ideally, leave one character within earshot, to ensure the quest updates.)
- If you don't have it mapped, you can start heading there as soon as you grab Guwon's reward.
- Claim the three remaining rewards: The Big Bang, Hopeless Romantic, and The Knights Who Say Nian.
- Prior to Canthan New Year 2013, 1 to 7 Lunar Tokens were awarded (instead of Racing Medals) based on the finishing order of a Rollerbeetle Racing match.