Healing is both a general term for the act of gaining health and a specific mechanical term related to certain effects that grant health. The healing player and healed player see blue numbers showing the amount healed. Blue numbers are shown even when no health are actually gained (usually because the character is at full health).
Modifiers that affect the caster
These skills affect the healing output of the caster. Only specific sources of healing are modified.
- These skills will not modify all forms of healing. See below for details.
- Smiter's Boon - doubles the Divine Favor bonus for Smiting Prayers spells
- Stone Spores (environment effect)
Modifiers that affect the healed
- Increases healing
- Decreases healing
These effects stack multiplicatively. Healing reduction from multiple sources is capped at -40%.
- Predatory Season
- Defile Flesh
- Lingering Curse
- Malign Intervention
- Mark of Death
- Deep Wound (condition)
Skills that punish healing
These skills are not triggered by all forms of healing. See below for details.
Which kinds of healing are affected by which modifiers?
Affected by all modifiers
These skills' healing is modified by all modifiers, and they trigger both punishment hexes.
- All skills with a direct, immediate healing effect. This includes immediate conditional healing (e.g. Dismiss Condition) and healing of multiple targets (e.g. Heal Party).
- Some indirect healing from the following skills:
Only affected by modifiers on the healed
These sources of healing are only affected by modifiers on the healed. They do not trigger the punishment hexes.
- The Divine Favor bonus.
- All indirect healing dealt by effects unless specifically mentioned above. This includes healing dealt by enchantments, chants, glyphs etc.
Healing vs. health gain
Healing is not the only source of health gain. Health regeneration, life stealing, life draining and most effects described as causing the target to "gain health" rather than be "healed" do not count as healing; these are not modified by healing modifiers, nor do they trigger the hexes mentioned above.