All professions, regardless of level, have an innate capacity of 20 energy, and 2 pips of energy regeneration. This can be increased using armor, weapons, or in the case of elementalists, attributes. Nearly all professions' basic armor provides extra energy, and this can be further increased using Runes of Attunement and Radiant Insignias.
Energy Storage, the Elementalist's primary attribute, can also increase maximum Energy by 3 per attribute rank. Maximum energy can also be increased by a Morale Boost, consumables (i.e. Birthday Cupcake, Candy Apple, and Grail of Might), blessings (i.e. Chaotic Power and Disciple of Energy), and some skills.
|Profession||Additional regeneration||Additional energy||Total regeneration||Total energy|
|Item||Maximum energy bonus|
|Staff||+10||+5||-|| +5 (conditional)|
+15 (-1 energy regeneration)
|Wand||-||-||-|| +5 (conditional)|
+15 (-1 energy regeneration)
|Focus item|| +6 (unconditional)
+12 (with attribute requirement)
|-||-||+15 (-1 energy regeneration)|
Regeneration and degeneration
Energy regeneration, also known as energy recovery, is the rate at which a character regains energy. Each pip of Energy regeneration generates 1 Energy every 3 seconds. All characters have a base Energy regeneration of 2, that may be modified by each profession's armor as described above.
Some weapons and focus items cause energy degeneration as a drawback of their bonuses. Some Enchantments also cause Energy degeneration in the form of an Upkeep cost, which must be paid in order to maintain them.
Anything that changes maximum energy will also have an effect on current energy - in this way, it is possible for characters to have negative energy, although the UI will still indicate 0 energy. Energy will continue to regenerate at the same rate while it is below 0. This mechanic can be used to avoid energy denial.
Though the conditions are rarely met, there is a regeneration/degeneration cap of 10 for energy. Although there is generally no additional penalty for energy degeneration beyond 10 pips, if you are maintaining enchantments, having 11 or more pre-cap energy degeneration will cause you to lose maintained enchantments until your pre-cap degeneration is brought down to 10.
Some skills also provide additional energy regeneration or degeneration.
|Increases maximum energy|
These skills cause one energy degeneration to the caster while kept active, but can be ended at any time by the caster.
Maximum possible energy
It is possible for an elementalist to reach 143 maximum energy without using any skills, consumables, or title effects; by utilizing every +10 energy consumable and every +1 attribute consumable, it is possible to reach 225 energy.
|Maximum energy possible|
| Base 20 energy
10 class armor energy bonus
| Rank 12 Energy Storage
Energy Storage headgear
Rune of Superior Energy Storage
(Total Rank 16)
|5 Radiant Insignias||+8|
|4 Runes of Attunement||+8|
|Wand, 15 energy inscription||+15|
| 12 inherent energy Focus
w/ 15 energy inscription
|10% Morale Boost||143|
- The "Seize the Day" inscription required for the maximum energy increase on the wand and the "Live for Today" inscription required for the maximum energy increase on the focus item both incur a -1 energy regeneration.
- A possible alternative is to use a one-handed martial weapon (i.e. spear) in combination with the focus item, and use the "I Have the Power!" inscription, as this gives the increase of 5 energy with no conditional requirements.
- The term Energy recovery is shown in the description of armor pieces, while the identical term Energy regeneration is used in the description of weapons and skills.
- Similar to duration effects, the percentage energy effects of Attuned Was Songkai are rounded up from 0.5.
- Unlike duration effects, the percentage energy effects of Auspicious Incantation, Elemental Attunement, Master of Magic, and Quickening Zephyr are rounded down from 0.5.
- The percentage of energy recovered through Elementalist attunements, except Elemental Attunement, are rounded half to even, e.g. 2 energy is recovered from a 5 energy spell, but 6 energy is recovered from a 15 energy spell and so on.
- Before the Elementalist Update, Energy Boon's maximum energy increase allowed for a maximum possible energy of 186.