Recharge time is the minimum period that a character must wait after using a skill before they can attempt to activate it again. Skills that are interrupted or disrupted by knock down also have to wait to be recharged. Failing skills are ready immediately; they do not need to recharge. The visual indicator of a recharging skill is a darkened skill icon that gradually lightens as if a clock-hand was sweeping through from noon to midnight.
- 1 Mechanics
- 2 Skills that reduce recharge time
- 3 Skills that involve instant recharge
- 4 Skills that recharge by a morale boost
- 5 Skills that increase recharge time
- 6 Notes
- A skill begins recharging at the exact moment the skill is completed or prevented.
- Before a skill is used, its recharge time can be affected by other skills, environmental effects or weapons (HSR). For example, Quickening Zephyr lessens recharge times while Energizing Wind lengthens them.
- Disabling a skill can prolong its recharge time but cannot shorten. For example, Blackout disables any skill of its user for 5 seconds. If one particular skill was recharging and its remaining time was 3 seconds, then it will be prolonged to 5 seconds. If another skill had 30 seconds left until recharge, it will not be affected by Blackout and will continue recharge normally.
- While a skill is being activated, the user can alter its recharge time by invoking a stance. For example, if you activate Serpent's Quickness before completing a casting of Meteor, the recharge time will be shortened.
- Several effects can reduce the recharge time of skills. Several of these effects will stack additively, up to a maximum of 50% reduced recharge time. However, a single skill's effect can bypass this limit and in PvE, Fast Casting also bypasses this limit for mesmer spells.
- A skill that requires adrenaline cannot gain adrenaline while it is recharging.
Skills that reduce recharge time
Reduces other skills' recharge times
- Serpent's Quickness ends if under 50% maximum health
- Quickening Zephyr also makes skills cost more energy
- Trapper's Speed only for traps
- Practiced Stance (elite) only for Preparations
- Mantra of Inscriptions reduces Signets' recharge times
- Mantra of Recovery only for Spells
- Symbolic Posture reduces your next Signet's recharge time
- Celestial Haste (PvE only)
- Glyph of Swiftness only affects spells
- Iron Mist only Air Magic spells that target a foe
- Deadly Haste only for half-ranged spells, also decreases activation
- Deadly Paradox only for assassin skills, also decreases activation, disables attack skills for 10s
- Ghostly Haste affects only spells cast in earshot of a spirit
- Ritual Lord (elite) only for Binding Rituals
- Weapon of Quickening (elite) only for Spells and Binding Rituals
- Avatar of Lyssa (elite) only applies to dervish enchantments
- Lyssa's Haste only applies to dervish enchantments
- Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom Spells cast within the ward have a 44...57...60% chance of recharging 50% faster (PvE only)
- Volfen Agility Volfen skills recharge 66% faster (PvE only)
Conditionally reduces its own recharge time
- "None Shall Pass!" for each foe knocked down
- Foul Feast if it removes disease
- Discharge Enchantment if target was hexed
- Flame Djinn's Haste if a foe is hit
- Mirror of Ice (elite) if a foe hexed with Water Magic is hit
- Siphon Speed if target was moving
- Pious Assault if a dervish enchantment is removed
- Signet of Pious Light if a dervish enchantment is removed
- Signet of Pious Restraint if a dervish enchantment is removed
Skills that involve instant recharge
Instantly recharges other skills
- "On Your Knees!" all stances if adjacent to a knocked down foe.
- Flourish (elite) all attack skills, also gives energy for each skill recharged this way.
- Determined Shot all attack skills if target is not successfully hit.
- Oath Shot (elite) all other skills if target is successfully hit.
- Keystone Signet (elite) all other signets
- Persistence of Memory any interrupted spells while this enchantment is active
- Glyph of Renewal (elite) next spell
- Assassin's Promise (elite) all skills when an enemy affected by this hex dies.
- Moebius Strike (elite) all other attack skills if it hits a foe below 50% health.
- Anguished Was Lingwah all Ritualist hexes upon drop
- Reclaim Essence (elite) all binding rituals if a spirit dies with this skill's effect.
- Soul Twisting (elite) next binding rituals
- Air of Superiority all skills, 10% chance every time experience is earned from killing an enemy (PvE only).
Instantly recharges itself
- Renewing Smash if it hits a knocked down foe.
- Needling Shot if target is under 50% health.
- Bitter Chill if foe has more health than you.
- Signet of Sorrow if target has a dead pet or is nearby to a corpse.
- Verata's Sacrifice if you have 3 or fewer minions.
- Inspired Enchantment/Revealed Enchantment if a monster skill enchantment is removed.
- Inspired Hex/Revealed Hex if a monster skill hex spell is removed.
- Ritual Lord (elite) if a binding ritual is used while under its effect.
- Farmer's Scythe if it hits more than one foe.
- Pious Renewal (elite) when it ends
Skills that recharge by a morale boost
- Storm of Swords (PvE only)
- Celestial Stance (PvE only)
- Star Shine (PvE only)
- Star Servant (PvE only)
- Celestial Haste (PvE only)
- Celestial Storm (PvE only)
- Star Strike (PvE only)
- Celestial Summoning (PvE only)
- Resurrection Signet
- Sunspear Rebirth Signet (PvE only)
Skills that increase recharge time
Increase other skill's recharge
- Rage of the Ntouka adrenaline skills have a 5 second recharge
- Energizing Wind all skills by 25%
- Auspicious Incantation next spell for an additional 10...6...5 seconds
- Diversion next skill used by a foe
- Glyph of Sacrifice next spell by 30 seconds.
Conditionally increase its own recharge
- Withdraw Hexes by 20...8...5 seconds for each hex removed
- Word of Censure by 20 seconds if used on a foe with less than 33% health
- Shatter Storm by 7 seconds for each enchantment removed
- Repeating Strike by 15 seconds if it misses
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Recharge time.|
- Some skills, such as the Dervish forms, are disabled upon ending and their recharge cannot be decreased.
- Some skills do not have a recharge time.
- Although not a skill, the Power Up Box in Rollerbeetle Racing also provides an instant recharge.
- Skills that recharge skills do not replenish any adrenaline (some people say "charge" regarding adrenaline).
- The Essence of Celerity consumable reduces recharge times by 20%.
- Although not stated explicitly in their descriptions, both a Powerstone of Courage and a Seal of the Dragon Empire recharge all skills when used due to their Morale Boosts.