Recharge time is the minimum period that a character must wait after using a skill before they can attempt to activate it again. Skills that are interrupted or disrupted by knock down also have to wait to be recharged. Failing skills are ready immediately; they do not need to recharge. The visual indicator of a recharging skill is a darkened skill icon that gradually lightens as if a clock-hand was sweeping through from noon to midnight.
- A skill begins recharging at the exact moment the skill is completed or prevented.
- Before a skill is used, its recharge time can be affected by other skills, environmental effects or weapons (HSR). For example, Quickening Zephyr lessens recharge times while Energizing Wind lengthens them.
- Disabling a skill can prolong its recharge time but cannot shorten. For example, Blackout disables any skill of its user for 5 seconds. If one particular skill was recharging and its remaining time was 3 seconds, then it will be prolonged to 5 seconds. If another skill had 30 seconds left until recharge, it will not be affected by Blackout and will continue recharge normally.
- While a skill is being activated, the user can alter its recharge time by invoking a stance. For example, if you activate Serpent's Quickness before completing a casting of Meteor, the recharge time will be shortened.
- Boosts from multiple skills cannot combine to reduce the time by more than 50%, although a single skill's effect can bypass this limit.
- A skill that requires adrenaline cannot gain adrenaline while it is recharging.
 Skills that reduce recharge time
 Reduces other skills' recharge times
- Serpent's Quickness ends if under 50% maximum health
- Quickening Zephyr also makes skills cost more energy
- Trapper's Speed only for traps
- Practiced Stance (elite) only for Preparations
- Mantra of Inscriptions reduces Signets' recharge times
- Mantra of Recovery only for Spells
- Symbolic Posture reduces your next Signet's recharge time
- Celestial Haste (PvE only)
- Glyph of Swiftness only affects spells
- Iron Mist only Air Magic spells that target a foe
- Deadly Haste only for half-ranged spells, also decreases activation
- Deadly Paradox only for assassin skills, also decreases activation, disables attack skills for 10s
- Ghostly Haste affects only spells cast in earshot of a spirit
- Ritual Lord (elite) only for Binding Rituals
- Weapon of Quickening (elite) only for Spells and Binding Rituals
- Avatar of Lyssa (elite) only applies to dervish enchantments
- Lyssa's Haste only applies to dervish enchantments
- Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom Spells cast within the ward have a 44...57...60% chance of recharging 50% faster (PvE only)
- Volfen Agility Volfen skills recharge 66% faster (PvE only)
 Conditionally reduces its own recharge time
- "None Shall Pass!" for each foe knocked down
- Foul Feast if it removes disease
- Discharge Enchantment if target was hexed
- Flame Djinn's Haste if a foe is hit
- Mirror of Ice (elite) if a foe hexed with Water Magic is hit
- Siphon Speed if target was moving
- Pious Assault if a dervish enchantment is removed
- Signet of Pious Light if a dervish enchantment is removed
- Signet of Pious Restraint if a dervish enchantment is removed
 Skills that involve instant recharge
- "On Your Knees!" instantly recharges all of your stances if adjacent to knocked down foe.
- Flourish (elite) instantly recharges all of your attack skills and gives energy for each skill recharged.
- Renewing Smash instantly recharges itself if it hits a knocked down foe.
- Needling Shot instantly recharges itself if target is under 50% health.
- Oath Shot (elite) instantly recharges all skills but itself if target is successfully hit.
- Determined Shot instantly recharges all attack skills if target is not hit.
- Bitter Chill instantly recharges itself if foe has more health than you.
- Signet of Sorrow instantly recharges itself if target has a dead pet or is nearby to a corpse.
- Verata's Sacrifice instantly recharges itself if you have 3 or fewer minions.
- Inspired Enchantment/Revealed Enchantment instantly recharges itself if a monster skill enchantment is removed.
- Inspired Hex/Revealed Hex instantly recharges itself if a monster skill hex spell is removed.
- Keystone Signet (elite) instantly recharges all signets except itself.
- Persistence of Memory instantly recharges interrupted spells.
- Glyph of Renewal (elite) instantly recharges your next spell.
- Assassin's Promise (elite) instantly recharges all skills if enemy dies while affected by this hex.
- Moebius Strike (elite) instantly recharges all other attack skills if it hits a foe below 50% health.
- Anguished Was Lingwah instantly recharges Ritualist hexes when dropped.
- Reclaim Essence (elite) affects binding rituals.
- Ritual Lord (elite) instantly recharges if a binding ritual is used while under its effect.
- Soul Twisting (elite) affects binding rituals
- Farmer's Scythe instantly recharges itself if it hits more than one foe.
- Pious Renewal (elite) instantly recharges itself when it ends
- Air of Superiority 10% chance of recharging all skills every time you earn experience from killing an enemy (PvE only).
 Skills that recharge by a morale boost
- Storm of Swords (PvE only)
- Celestial Stance (PvE only)
- Star Shine (PvE only)
- Star Servant (PvE only)
- Celestial Haste (PvE only)
- Celestial Storm (PvE only)
- Star Strike (PvE only)
- Celestial Summoning (PvE only)
- Resurrection Signet
- Sunspear Rebirth Signet (PvE only)
 Skills that increase recharge time
- Rage of the Ntouka adrenaline skills have a 5 second recharge
- Energizing Wind increases all skill recharge times by 25%
- Withdraw Hexes increases its recharge by 20...8...5 seconds for each hex removed
- Word of Censure increases its recharge by 20 seconds if used on a foe with less than 33% health
- Auspicious Incantation disables your next spell for an additional 10...6...5 seconds
- Diversion increases the recharge time of the next skill used by a foe
- Glyph of Sacrifice also causes instant casting with an additional 30 second recharge
- Repeating Strike increases its recharge by 15 seconds if it misses
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Recharge time.|
- Some skills, such as the Dervish forms, are disabled upon ending and their recharge cannot be decreased.
- Some skills do not have a recharge time.
- Although not a skill, the Power Up Box in Rollerbeetle Racing also provides an instant recharge.
- Skills that recharge skills do not replenish any adrenaline (some people say "charge" regarding adrenaline).
- The Essence of Celerity consumable reduces recharge times by 20%.
- Although not stated explicitly in their descriptions, both a Powerstone of Courage and a Seal of the Dragon Empire recharge all skills when used due to their Morale Boosts.