Charmable animals are a type of creature that can become an animal companion by targeting them with Charm Animal. Nearly all charmable animals are hostile, but remain passive until attacked or you attempt to charm them. In contrast, beasts are animal-like creatures that cannot be charmed.
 By campaign and region
|Core||The Battle Isles|
Same model as Strider.
Same as in Nightfall.
|Factions||Shing Jea Island||
|The Jade Sea||
|Kourna and Vabbi||
|Eye of the North||Far Shiverpeaks|
|Depths of Tyria||
 By Zaishen Menagerie location
|Western Beach||Phoenix • Rainbow Phoenix • Reef Lurker (blue) • White Crab|
|Farm||Moa Bird • Warthog|
|Central River||Crane • Crocodile • Flamingo • Moss Spider • Panda • Reef Lurker (red)|
|Western Plains||Tiger • White Tiger|
|Northern Rocks||Jahai Rat • Lynx • Raven|
|Northern Dunes||Dune Lizard • Hyena • Iguana • Lion • Lioness|
|Central Hills||Black Bear • Melandru's Stalker • Mountain Eagle • Racing Beetle|
|Northeast Caves||Black Moa • Black Wolf • Hound of Balthazar • Wolf|
|Southeast Caves||Albino Rat • Black Widow|
|Eastern Snowy Area||Jingle Bear • Polar Bear • White Jingle Moa • White Moa • White Wolf|
|Training Pen||If unlocked, Wynn can spawn level 12, 15, or 20 animals in the pen.|
 By damage type
- Pets can be unlocked through the Zaishen Menagerie.
- Non-prestige pets can be unlocked through the Pet Unlock Pack.
- When killed, charmable animals do not drop any items, with these exceptions:
- Some NPCs may have the tamed pets or have the animal allies which look like pets; they cannot be tamed by players or heroes:
- Carlotta is the spider companion of Shadow;
- Devourers accompany Charr during The Rise of the White Mantle and Charr-broiled Plans;
- Old Mac and his devourer ally Joe appear in a couple of Prophecies quests and in the Norn Fighting Tournament.
- Drake Toma is a beast tamed by the people of Ronjok;
- Charmable Drakes are the only pets that appear with Peacekeepers;
- Impressive Warthog is an ally tamed by Nehdukah in Plains of Jarin;
- White wolf Snow is an ally of Master Seeker Nathaniel in Griffon's Mouth.
- Charmable animals killed count towards rewards for Vanquishing, but do not count towards accumulating points through bounties or bounty-like blessings.
- Charmable animals do not appear on the compass unless they become hostile.
|Charmable animals (gallery)|
|Eye of the North|