From Guild Wars Wiki
|Level(s)||1, 3, 5, 8|
|Campaigns|| Prophecies |
Eye of the North
Location in pre-Searing Ascalon.
Location in Ascalon.
- This article is about the charmable animal. For the collector during Farewell to Gaile, see Moa Bird (collector).
- Eye of the North
Quests involved in
- Ascalon (pre-Searing)
- Evolved Moa Birds deal piercing damage, while unevolved Moa Birds deal slashing damage.
- Unlocking cost: 1 plus 100 or 1,000 Balthazar Faction (Common, Tyria)
- Turning in a Strider from pre-Searing Ascalon unlocks the Moa.
- The Moa Birds found outside Umbral Grotto are labeled as ally (light green label color) instead of a charmable animal and do not turn hostile upon activation of Charm Animal.
- One of the Mysterious Tonic's forms.
- Black Moas and uncharmable Sickened Moas can be found in Cantha.
- White Moas can be found in the Far Shiverpeaks.
- Moa is the name of a flightless bird that, until it was hunted to extinction by the local Maori, occupied the country of New Zealand. In appearance, the moas of Guild Wars resemble the Phorusrhacids, predatory flightless birds that used to inhabit the Americas.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Moa.|
|Charmable animals (gallery)|
|Eye of the North|