- This article is about the Phoenix, a charmable animal of Guild Wars Factions. For the Guild Wars Prophecies skill of the same name, see Phoenix. For the charmable animal of a similar name in Guild Wars Eye of the North, see Rainbow Phoenix.
|Affiliation||Kaineng City wildlife|
Locations in Divine Path
Concept art by Katy Hargrove.
The Phoenix is a charmable animal that can only be found in the Divine Path, which you enter after completing the last Factions mission, the Imperial Sanctum. One phoenix is at the start of the area, with Suun, the other is further along the path, with the ministers. Two adult phoenixes next to Emperor Kisu cannot be charmed.
- The Phoenix is one of three rare pets with their own statues in the "Fellowship" monument in the Hall of Monuments; its statue is labeled, Imperial Phoenix.
- When you start Imperial Sanctum, replace Charm Animal with the celestial skill during Imperial Sanctum; it will be reverted back when the mission ends.
- Evolved Phoenixes deal piercing damage, while Unevolved Phoenixes deal slashing damage.
- Unlocking cost: 3 plus 100 or 30,000 Balthazar Faction (Prestige, Cantha)
- The Imperial version of the Phoenix, which is the one you can get on completion of the Factions campaign, sometimes encounters a bug where it will not be able to be added to the Hall of Monuments. To fix this, after leveling the Phoenix to 20 "(method of doing so does not determine whether the bug will be present)" go to the Zaishen Menagerie and talk to Emryd the Tamer to register your tamed Phoenix. Then, speak to Wynn, tell her you would like to see an animal, the Phoenix will be under "Cantha". Ask to see a level 20 Elder Phoenix and tame one of the ones that spawned. It should now be able to work in your Hall of Monuments.
- This creature more closely resembles the fenghuang of Chinese mythology rather than the phoenix of European lore.
|Charmable animals (gallery)|
|Eye of the North|