|Value||Can't be sold|
|Campaign||Prophecies or Factions|
Lunar Fortune [Year of the <Animal>]
Uses remaining: 1
Double-click to use while in an explorable area.
— In-game description
Lunar Fortunes can only be used in an explorable area to receive a message and a blessing or an item.
- Canthan New Year only
- Lunar Fortune Giver (Shing Jea Monastery), in exchange for 3 Lunar Tokens
- Lucky Hochei (Lions Arch), after winning a round of Rock, Paper, Scissors (each round costs 1 Lunar Token; wins also reward 1 Sugary Blue Drink)
|Icon||Item or blessing||Benefit||Estimated rate1|
|Lucky Aura||Unknown effect (see the main article).||9%|
|Lunar Blessing||Boosts all attributes by 1 while in the area.||10%|
|Spiritual Possession||Changes display (similar to being Drunk).||10.5%|
|Bottle Rocket||1 Party Animal point||14%|
|Champagne Popper||1 Party Animal point||13%|
|Sparkler||1 Party Animal point||13%|
|| Miniature Pig (2007)
On average, each fortune drops 0.4 points towards the Party Animal title track and 31.
- 1 Drop research is ongoing, and can be found here. (Numbers add to more than 100% due to rounding.)
- 2 The drop rate for each miniature is presumed to be the same 0.5%; that number is based on a review of Guild Wars Wiki data and is within the range (0.45%-0.65%) confirmed by John Stumme for celestial miniatures (see the talk page for details).
One of these appear in your chat window when using a Lunar Fortune:
- "Something special is in your future!" (Lucky Aura)
- "You will celebrate a festive new year!" (Bottle Rocket, Sparkler or Champagne Popper)
- "You will find bad luck in this new year...or bad luck will find you!" (Spiritual Possession)
- "You will have a prosperous new year!" (100 gold)
- "Your new year will be a blessed one!" (Lunar Blessing)
- "Your new year will be blessed by the celestials themselves!" (miniature)
- Unlike other presents, Lunar Fortune content items drop on the ground and are assigned to the character that used the fortune.
- If you are willing to spend the time, you can get more fortunes from playing Rock, Scissors, Paper with Lucky Hochei (Lion's Arch) than you would from obtaining them directly from the Lunar Fortune Giver (Shing Jea Monastery).
- If you play long enough, you should expect one fortune (and one sweet) from every two tokens spent, as opposed to one fortune for every three tokens spent from the collector. For example, you play 150 games. On average, you will win 50 games, lose 50, and draw 50, resulting in 100 tokens spent and 50 fortunes won. However, this is extremely tedious and not guaranteed.
- The statue of Eternal Misfortune features several fortunes.
- 2007 fortunes were renamed to Lunar Fortune [Year of the Pig] around the time of the Canthan New Year 2008 update