- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Region||Shing Jea Island|
|Exit(s)|| Kinya Province|
Minister Cho's Estate
Shing Jea Monastery
This is the first explorable area where new players will encounter hostile enemies. The Mantids (excluding a few in Zhengjo Temple), Kappa, and Naga in the area are passive until attacked first, but the Sensali, the Yetis, and the Crimson skull band encountered in the northern mountainous paths do attack on aggro.
 Getting there
- Avatar of Dwayna
- East, at the exit into Shing Jea Monastery.
- Champion of Balthazar
- North, at the exit into Minister Cho's Estate.
- Lyssa's Muse
- In the snowy mountainous area, east of the Shrine of Maat.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Southwest, at the exit into Tsumei Village.
- Voice of Grenth
- West, at the exit into Kinya Province.
 Quests available
- Mei Ling
- Professor Gai
- Reng Ku
- Sister Tai
- Talon Silverwing
- Wulk Cragfist
- 3 (22) Water Buffalo
- 10 (20) Debiro Kuri (collector for 5 Naga Hides)
- 10 (20) Hai Lae (collector for 3 Kappa Hatchling Shells)
- 10 (20) Marik Kuri (collector for 3 Mantid Pincers)
- 10 (20) Seung Kim (collector for 5 Feathered Scalps)
- 10 (20) Sahnlae the Tamer (pet tamer)
 Monastery instructors
- 10 (20) Talon Silverwing
- 10 (20) Sujun
- 10 (20) Sister Tai
- 10 (20) Reng Ku
- 10 (20) Mei Ling
- 10 (20) Ronsu
- 10 (20) Jinzo
- 10 (20) Professor Gai
 Other allies
- 10 (20) Canthan Guards (several patrolling near Zhengjo Temple and Minister Cho's Estate)
- 10 (20) Brother Sitai
- 12 (20) Wulk Cragfist (must be defeated before he will give the quest Revenge of the Yeti)
- 20 Guardsman Zui
- 3 Tiger
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Raider
- 7 (23) Crimson Skull Hunter
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Mender
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Mesmer
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Ritualist
- 1 (22) Kappa
- 5 (23) Mantid Glitterfang (a random single spawn inside Zhengjo Temple)
- 1 (22) Mantid Monitor
- 0 (22) Mantid Monitor Hatchling
- 6 (23) Mantid Darkwing (a random single spawn inside Zhengjo Temple)
- 2 (22) Mantid Drone
- 1 (22) Mantid Drone Hatchling
- 6 (20) Ziinjuu Life Crawler (Ziinjuu's Sanctuary)
- 6 (26) Yunlai Deathkeeper (The Deathkeeper) (does not always spawn)
 Interactive objects
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- These festival quests will also affect the spawns in this area:
- Complete exploration of this area adds approximately 3.3% to the Canthan Cartographer title track.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 135 foes; the total can range from 105 to 152, including quest influences.
- The fewest number of foes spawn during A Strange Request, which is part of the Dragon Festival.
- Several Kappa will jump out of the waters, if you approach too close the southeastern waterfront.
- Similarly, a few Naga will show up as you cross the bridge over Lake Puang.
- A single, hidden Lesser Oni can be found a short distance northwest from the Tsumei Village portal.