- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Region||Shing Jea Island|
|Exit(s)|| Linnok Courtyard|
The narrow Saoshang Trail curves with the southern edge of the central mountain range as it connects Shing Jea Monastery to Seitung Harbor. It is the only available pass that lies south of the mountains. The trail itself is not without dangers, as mantids are known to wander the trail and hide in trees to ambush travelers.
 Getting there
- Melandru's Watcher
- West, at the exit into Linnok Courtyard.
- Voice of Grenth
- East, at the exit into Seitung Harbor.
- 3 (22) Mantid Gazer
- 5 (23) Mantid Glitterfang
- 0 (22) Mantid Monitor Hatchling
- 11 (24) Mantid Queen
- 6 (23) Mantid Darkwing
- 2 (22) Mantid Drone
- 0 (22) Mantid Drone Hatchling
- 4 (22) Mantid Parasite
- Complete exploration of this area will yield about 0.5% to the Canthan Cartographer title track.
- These quests affect the spawns in this area:
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating 28–37 foes.
- You can have six in your party if you enter from Seitung Harbor.
- You can avoid up to 3 popup groups of three each:
- Skip two groups by pulling the Mantid Monitor Hatchling near Seitung Harbor, if you start from Shing Jea Monastery.
- Avoid the third group by staying on the path.
- The remaining popups can be deadly: avoid area of effect spike cold damage by spreading out (or bring Elemental Resistance/Mantra of Frost) and be prepared to deal with the healing of the monk mantids.
- Skills that remove conditions or hexes are unnecessary, since none of the foes can inflict conditions and the only hex your party will encounter is Parasitic Bond.
|Explorable areas in Shing Jea Island|
|Haiju Lagoon • Jaya Bluffs • Kinya Province • Linnok Courtyard • Minister Cho's Estate • Monastery Overlook • Panjiang Peninsula • Saoshang Trail • Sunqua Vale • Zen Daijun|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Arenas • Landmarks|