The Shrine of Maat
|The Shrine of Maat|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Given by|| Imperial Guard Hanso |
in Shing Jea Monastery
(Shing Jea Island)
|Preceded by||The Rampaging Yetis|
|Followed by||A Strange Request|
(Click to enlarge)
Meet Imperial Guard Musashi in Sunqua Vale, and hurry to the Shrine of Maat to save the peasants from the "demon" there.
 Quest information
- Meet Imperial Guard Musashi in Sunqua Vale.
- Travel to the Shrine of Maat and investigate the massacre.
- Destroy the creature infesting the Shrine of Maat.
- Speak to Brother Sitai and learn what occurred at the Shrine of Maat.
- See Imperial Guard Hanso for your reward.
Start from Shing Jea Monastery and meet Musashi waiting just outside in Sunqua Vale. After speaking to Musashi, head west into the mountains, to the Shrine of Maat. At the shrine, you will find another "Lesser Grasp" attacking the peasants.
Engage and defeat the grasp, then speak to Brother Sitai nearby to find out what took place when the creature appeared.
- 18 (28) Lesser Grasp
 Initial dialogue
- Imperial Guard Hanso
That last reenactment wasn't too bad, but I think we can do better folks. I want more energy and more emotion this time. Okay, you ready, <Player name>? *Ahem* I've bad news. We found the ravaged remains of a monk just outside of the village. So little of his body remained it is through the sheer will of the Gods he made it this far. On his person was a letter...a desperate cry for help. "The Shrine of Maat has fallen," it said. Meet Musashi in Sunqua Vale and accompany her on this mission."
 Intermediate dialogue
- Imperial Guard Musashi
I saw the remains of that Monk. What a grisly sight. We'd better get to the shrine quickly, for I fear the longer we delay the more carnage will result.
- Canthan Peasant "In the name of the gods, run for your lives!"
- Canthan Peasant "It ate them. It ate them whole!"
- Canthan Peasant "Flee you fools, it's coming!"
- Brother Sitai: "You saved me from that thing! I pray you are blessed for the rest of your days. Thank you! (Ha! I'm a natural at this stuff! I hear the famous Norgu is holding auditions for a traveling production of "Norgu's Nightfall." Maybe I should audition...)"
- Brother Sitai
It emerged from the darkness and tore apart anyone in its way. It was horrible! A lucky few managed to escape, but the others...I can't escape the hideous images that scar my memory. (Hmm...do you think I should cry when I say that?)
 Reward dialogue
- Imperial Guard Hanso
You found another of those nightmarish creatures? And so close to the Monastery? *Gasp* I must inform the emperor. With all the guests for the summer festival here we can't let the situation get out of control. (Okay, that's a wrap folks!)