Teleportation refers to the act of instantaneous travel between two points. It is similar to shadow stepping; however, teleportation ignores the restriction on pathing and any bundle being carried will not drop when teleporting (with the exception of player skills).
In Guild Wars, teleportation is used by:
- Map travel
- Resurrection Shrines
- Teleportation skills (see below)
- The portals in The Dragon's Lair.
- Aurora Glade, when your party claims all three pedestals.
- Some NPCs, such as the Undead Lich.
Since the February 21, 2013 update, player skills that cause teleportation have the same restrictions as shadow stepping (which prevents players from using teleportation to move through obstacles, such as walls or gates).
- Consume Corpse (to corpse)
- Necrotic Traversal (to corpse)
- Rebirth (resurrected party member to user)
- Sunspear Rebirth Signet (resurrected party member to user)
- Unyielding Aura (resurrected party member to user)