User talk:Azalea Ina Dorada/GW2 Suggestions
 Environment Discussion
 Houses / Guild Hall
i agree with a house but not for the same reason: sleeping??? u couldnt have thought of a more usless example. wats ur character goin to do, lie on the bed??: hummmm....very exciting in't it. plus ppl will get tired of it, so y download extra usless stuff. and second ITS A FREAKIN GAME, ur character doesnt need to slp. U dont bleed everytime u get slashed at with a sword, or u dont see Master Chief's "eye glass" thing on the helmet break after being hit by like 5 million "plasma bullet shots". u got to have a different reason, i cant think any at the top of my head rite now. but other wise we should have houses just for the hell of it. --The Ravfour78
- while I agree there should be explorable houses that you can walk into in towns, I don't think that our characters should "own" houses. We have guild halls, and we're adventurers anyway, we don't need a 'home,' per say. This isn't the sims. --Jette 22:01, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Ignoring the above... I think that sleeping is a very bad idea. This would case unnecessary time wastage on the players behalf. Sleeping was awful in Fable. We do not require it in a Fighting MMO. However, Housing = GOOD. I am loving the housing idea, implementing them into Guild Halls is awesome. You could show any items are decoration. I love it. Have you seen a game called Puzzle Pirates? I used to play it. Anyway, they implemented a painting idea, you can buy a house, and then have a painting done alone, with friends or with a partner… I’d love to see this implemented into Guild Wars. Also, I think that Houses need to have an option to lock it so that only you can enter, People on your Friend List can enter or anyone in the Guild Wars world can enter. I’d love to be able to throw parties etc. Thanks for reading Smashman2004 ∙ talk 12:47, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm kind of not liking the sleeping anymore either. It just gave purpose to having a bed. :) azaleachat 19:10, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
I had another idea... Quite random but sounds a nice to me...
If the house will be account-based (please let it be) I thinks, on the character selection screen instead of merely standing infront of you looking vaguely bored, one or maybe all of your characters should be inside your house milling around and doing odd jobs, this would increase the liveliness of the character selection screen, maybe with a picture at the side, with your selected character... OR maybe the character you select with the mouse/keyboard should walk to the side and THEN stand, looking vaguely bored where the others continue to busy themselves in the house... :D
Just Random ideas that pop into my head..
Smashman2004 ∙ talk 22:45, 8 November 2008 (UTC)
 Player-owned Shops
if it was only that . do u seriously think that u wont have competition? and it wont fit into the story. can u really see a charr cooking meals. --The Ravfour78
- No. Not the sims, not GW Tycoon. --Jette 22:01, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Why do these people keep shooting your ideas down? Atleast you have thought... These guys obviously don't think... Anyway. Player owned shops? Have you seen a game called Dofus? Well, you can create a shop inventor
I also think riding is extremely fun! It makes a huge difference for the players,who knows maybe some won't even buy the game because of the loss of mounts. Its' a win win situation if we add both map travel and mounts. Actually,why can't we have both mounts AND map travel? That way everyone's happy,players who will want to ride mounts would do that more instead of map traveling and vice versa.I've read an interesting article by Shai Halud about mountable companions,among other stuff.His ideas are EXTREMELY good and worth checking out. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Chris200830 (talk).
 Character Discussion
 Changeable Features
definetly a MUST. thats all. but sadly u arnt the first to suggest this. --The Ravfour78
- I agree, you should be able to change your character to look however you like.
- I like the idea of allowing you to change your char's features--I have some favorite characters in GW1 that I wish I could change.... Nairb 00:05, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
I dont think there is a need to the aging thing. instead u can combine with changeable physical features. o O i just had an idea. how about after X amout of time has passed ur charater gets new choices of physical features to pick from, but here is the catch; the options get older. meanin that u only get a choice of being older and older and older until u reach a point at which u can only pick between different scars and burns, etc.
AS for reproduction: WHAT DO U THING THIS IS, PLAYBOY MANSION(the game)!!!!??????? --The Ravfour78
- No. Again, not the sims. --Jette 22:01, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
 Profession: Blade Dancer
 Profession: Swashbuckler
I personally do not like this idea of a companion. That makes the ranger's charm animal useless and pointless. We can already have heroes. The idea to buff players that do not bring a companion is not in my favour also. There is really no need for the companion in general and will only complicate things. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:22.214.171.124 (talk).
- i could see what you're getting at, but i personally wouldn't assume that there will be a charm animal skill in guild wars 2. i do not yet see how companions could complicate anything more than heroes do.. azalea||chat 14:40, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
 Community Discussion
another must. --User:The Ravfour78
- Yes, I think we could all use some new emotes, especially ones that both characters, can type /[emote] [target] and do something to. i.e., Prima slaps Secunda. Or Prima gives Secunda a hug. Though, I think interactive emotes should require both characters to agree to it, rather than forcing one particularly good-looking character to run around getting /hugged or something... --Jette 22:01, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
Also,when using the /guitar ;/drums ;/violin ;/flute ;/harp(perhaps?) make actual music come out of them(i know the idea is originally from LotRO but it entertains players when they don't have anything to do),this could also lead to a title:the Bard title. it would be really interesting! --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:Chris200830 (talk).
 Auction Houses
 Gnome Delivery Services
I posted my ideas on new emotes and businesses in the GW2 suggestion pages. Maybe, for the candy shops and inns, you'd get a better idea of what I'm talking about on that page; I say how it could benefeit players. I'm aware that I may not be original in some of my ideas. I am also aware that Guild Wars is not The Sims; I'm just imaginative. (FYI. My idea on "sleeping" came from both my "lala land" and Fable) For the ideas on houses, click here to see what we're talking about. Oh, and the age and reproduction; that's just a fun little feature discussed in this other article I made. Trust me, it's not as bad as this idea. (BTW, is there really a Playboy Mansion game??) O.o az :D 16:16, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- Actually its called Playboy: The Mansion, but yes it does exist. lol i saw the suggestion about sex and whorehouse lol. -- The Ravfour78
- Ugh. That's NOT what I meant by "reproduction." The whorehouse in Fable:The Lost Chapters was my least favorite joint, and I think that the stripclubs and such in Grand Theft Auto are a useless feature. I meant that there could be like a little family tree or something, like if the HoM makes you a "descendant of <GW1 Player Name>". I guess it's not a great idea... az :D 01:45, 19 June 2008 (UTC)