ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Housing
|Guild Wars 2 Suggestions|
Introduction to Houses
The current storage system gives you access to one Xunlai Chest and places your characters in a Guild. If the player owns Guild Wars Eye of the North, then they are able to access their Hall of Monuments to view and display their accomplishments.
In a player's own personal house, Guild Wars 1 events may be remembered and Guild Wars 2 accomplishments are stored, along with clothes and items. The house is also a customizable feature, and can be arranged with different cultural tastes, such as a Kryta-like decor, or that resembling that of the Sylvari or Asuran homelands. Or furnishings could be acquired and arranged in the house for further customization.
Friends can visit your house and see your account-wide and character-based accomplishments, items, and wardrobe, as they do in Guild Wars 1's Hall of Monuments. Storing items and armor here is much like the current Vault box, only each character gets one tab. Additional storage must be purchased. This not only meets the demands of more people but also provides an extra gold sink. Armor can be stored in your wardrobe, which removes it from your immediate inventory, but it can be easily put back or switched out any time you visit your house.
If family trees are implemented in Guild Wars 2, or if players decide to share storage spaces, houses may be merged together.
Houses and Guild Halls
The feature of owning a house is accompanied by joining a guild. If a player leaves or is kicked from a guild, the "Visit Guild Hall button on the Guild Menu is replaced by "Visit House", but the player can not make any modifications to it.
Depending on the number of house-owning players, Guild Halls could develop into villages and town-like areas. The center building - where the characters spawn upon mapping - contains the Guild Lord, along with purchasable NPCs such as merchants, weapon smiths, and a crafter. Houses surround the "town square".
Guild Halls could even have a pet pen in its yard where animal companions may roam freely, as opposed to the statues of pets in the original Guild Wars Hall of Monuments. To appear in the pet pen, an animal companion must be unused by the player's current build.
- Why this is a good idea;
- Easier access to storage for all your characters.
- Consolidates multiple HoM's into 1 for GW2
- Place to also meet requests for much wanted armor/weapon storage
- Provides a better meaning to a "Guild".
- Would personalize your Guild Wars life.
- Provides a market for spending in-game gold.
- Makes the Guildhall a more usable place, you would have a more realistic reason to own a big island or desert.
- Gives a possibility to personalize your guildhall more.
- A Guildhall would become the meeting place for guild members. Your house would be a private space within the Guild.
- Why it may not work out;
- Possible space concerns.
- Too many models if 100 people have a house and theres 50 models inside each house this could cause server lag.
- All these new models would have to be made, this would also use a higher server volume because these objects have to be displayed not just stored.
- Connection to ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Businesses + Jobs
- Another variant as ArenaNet:Guild Wars 2 suggestions/Guild Island