A Brother's Fury
|A Brother's Fury|
|Given by||Trader Versai |
in Druid's Overlook
|Preceded by||Divinity Coast|
|Followed by||The Wilds|
(Click to enlarge)
Help Justiciar Thommis to find his brother's murderer on your way from Druid's Overlook to The Wilds.
- Speak with Justiciar Thommis.
- Speak with House Ranger Amon.
- Speak with House Ranger Lanalt.
- Speak with House Ranger Rionel.
- See Witness Giselle for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- Poisonous Longbow (Dead Bow skin)
- Piercing Dmg: 14-26 (Requires 8 Marksmanship)
- Lengthens Poison duration on foes by 33%
- Reduces Poison duration on you by 20%
- Two-handed Flatbow
- Deadly Cesta
- Dark Dmg: 9-16 (Requires 5 Blood Magic)
- Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 5%)
- Halves casting time of spells (Chance: 5%)
- Armor penetration 10% (Chance: 10%)
Exit Druid's Overlook into Sage Lands and speak with Justiciar Thommis. The quest updates and the marker lead you from NPC to NPC. Speak with each of them to continue the quest. After speaking with the final NPC, the quest update will lead you to Witness Giselle in The Wilds. Near the entrance of the outpost, Saidra and the Chosen Villagers will appear on the radar and as allies in the party window. Follow them into the outpost.
- 10 (20) Chosen Villager
Humans (Shining Blade)
- 10 (20) Saidra
Humans (White Mantle)
- "Justiciar Thommis' younger brother Rhynnon was killed, supposedly by a gang of jungle-dwelling rebels. I don't put much stock in the rumors; how anyone could survive in that jungle is beyond me.
- Anyway, he's right over there, but I wouldn't disturb him if I were you. Unless you're here to help him track down his brother's killers...."
- Justiciar Thommis: "You have found nothing?!?!"
- House Ranger Marco: "Yes sir. I mean no sir! I mean we found some scraps of cloth, your grace."
- Justiciar Thommis: "Cloth is scarcely the heads of those who killed my brother, is it?"
- House Ranger Marco: "No, your grace.... It's just that...this forest is alive with spirits and plants such that they could eat a grown ox!"
- Justiciar Thommis: "HA! You mean to tell me that you are unmanned by some common house ferns? What is my personal guard coming to these days?"
- Justiciar Thommis: "You, there! You aren't afraid of a few bushes and flowers, are you?"
- "This heretic filth has continued long enough! I refuse to sit by while the Confessor and his council discuss and debate. We will move while my brother's blood is still warm. As we speak, I am amassing a host the size of which of [sic] Kryta has never seen before. The song of battle will ring through out the jungle. Legions of knights will march right into its depths and tear it from stone and earth! My brother's murderers will be brought forth and purged in the great fires of justice.
- We must stay on their trail! I sent my scouts up ahead, but I fear they may not be swift enough to keep pace with those blood-stained heretics. You will have a better chance. When you catch up to my men, tell them to report back. I am counting on you to track the rebels through the Wilds."
House Ranger Amon
- "I will report back as soon as this area is fully scouted.
- They have taken this main path here. I tell you, no one can navigate this jungle more nimbly than those rebels. If it weren't for their lawless nature, their contempt for everything we stand for, their constant raids, and their under handed tactics, I wouldn't half mind seeing them in our ranks. But don't tell his grace I said that! He'd have my head.
- There are other scouts up ahead, though; perhaps they've found something."
House Ranger Lanalt
- "You are the ones who saved our great confessor! No wonder his grace sent you out ahead!
- That Thommis is a just man. There are some who question his heavy-handed methods. Not I, for one! It makes me sick to think what those filthy rebels did to those brave Justiciars. His grace will deliver them the justice they deserve.
- I'll head back as soon as I finish up here. I sent Rionel up ahead to see if he couldn't find something."
House Ranger Rionel
- "Report back? We should be moving forward!
- From the looks of things, they led the Chosen right into the heart of the jungle. How they get through this tangled mass is beyond even my abilities. They move like spirits through the overgrowth, disturbing nothing. They're nearly impossible to track!
- Not to question his tactics, but I doubt it will matter how many knights and justiciars his grace brings to bear. This jungle won't yield up its secrets anymore than it will bring his brother back."
- "I am here on the authority of Confessor Dorian himself. Stay a moment and hear what I have to say.
- While Justiciar Thommis's rage toward the heretics who slew his brother is understandable, we cannot afford to send scores of knights on a frontal assault into an unmapped jungle, all the while allowing the undead to march unchecked across the Krytan countryside.
- I will bear the burden of informing the Justiciar that his forces are required for the defense of Kryta. As for tracking these rebels into the Wilds, I leave this matter in your hands. Numbers will not be on your side, but the Unseen Ones will watch over you."