A Gift of Griffons
|A Gift of Griffons|
|Section||Fissure of Woe Quests|
|Given by|| Wailing Lord |
in The Fissure of Woe
(Fissure of Woe)
|Preceded by||The Wailing Lord|
(Click to enlarge)
- Escort all three Forest Griffons safely to the Tower of Courage.
- See Rastigan the Eternal for your reward.
- 10,000 Experience
Upon accepting the quests, go near the griffons to get them to follow your team and then head back to where Rastigan the Eternal was (the Tower of Courage). There will be groups that appeared upon accepting the quest along the way, as seen in the map to the right. Be wary that the Forest Griffons can be killed easily and if just one dies the quest fails and the team will be kicked from the Fissure of Woe. Also, the griffons will follow moving party members in radar range.
An alternative method which takes a little bit more time but ensures not failing the quest is to head back to Rastigan and kill all the popup groups along the way before going near the Forest Griffons. Once the enemies are killed, have a party member go near the Griffons to lead them back to Rastigan.
- 24 (26) Skeletal Berserker
- 24 (26) Skeletal Bond
- 24 (26) Skeletal Ether Breaker
- 24 (26) Skeletal Icehand
- 24 (26) Shadow Warrior
- 24 (26) Shadow Monk
- 28 (30) Shadow Beast
- 24 (26) Shadow Mesmer
- 24 (26) Shadow Elemental
- Wailing Lord
- "Please...perhaps you can help me. I wish to express to Balthazar my sincere respect and admiration. I offer three Forest Griffons that have served me since their acceptance into this eternal realm as hounds for the God of War. You shall find them scattered throughout the forest. If you would be so kind as to gather all three and lead them to the Tower of Courage, I would be in your debt."
- Accept: "I'll see to it at once."
- Decline: "Do it yourself!"
- Ask: "I wish to make a gift of three Forest Griffons to the master of this realm, Great Balthazar, God of War. Please gather three griffons from my forest and lead them to the Tower of Courage that Balthazar and all who serve him may know of the loyalty that we in the forest hold toward him."
- Rastigan the Eternal
- "Balthazar will be pleased with this gift. And I am pleased with your actions. I can see that the lesson you delivered was not lost on the Wailing Lord."
- This quest was added in the May 11, 2005 update.