A Hidden Threat
|A Hidden Threat|
|Given by||Shaurom |
in Sunspear Great Hall
(Click to enlarge)
- Follow Elonbel as he patrols the western riverbank.
- Now that Elonbel's true allegiance has been revealed, deal with him and his cohorts accordingly.
- See Shaurom for your reward.
Exit the Sunspear Great Hall and travel west to the river to find Elonbel. Once the player get close, he'll begin his patrol up the river. Along the way, he'll walk by a Level 10 Irontooth Drake surrounded by a swarm of Level 2 Juvenile Bladed Termites. Depending on the levels of the party members, players may want to avoid catching the Irontooth Drake's attention.
Elonbel will walk to camp just outside the Astralarium where the player finds him meeting with the corsairs. However, they discover Elonbel's been followed, and become hostile.
The corsairs are a minimal threat due to their low levels. However, Elonbel is Level 15 and can deal some moderate damage with his attacks. Low leveled players may want to consider bringing a full party with a Monk. Additionally, keeping the quests Quality Steel, Hog Hunt, and Proof of Courage active will provide players with additional allies to help as well.
If the player stays out of range, the corsairs and Elonbel will fight each other. Players can use this to their advantage by leaving the corsairs alive to whittle away at Elonbel's health, then finishing them off afterwards.
After defeating Elonbel and the corsairs, return to Shaurom in the Sunspear Great Hall to receive your reward.
Note: All are initially friendly until a quest trigger turns them hostile.
- 15 Elonbel
"Well met, Friends. You've no doubt heard of the corsair raids? Ah, of course you have. I'm sure you've seen your share of corsair action. We've had our own troubles recently, all coming from across the river to the west.
I've placed a sentry, Elonbel, in that area, but the raiders seem to be getting past him. Could you follow Elonbel on his next patrol along the river and see what he does? But, I warn you, if my suspicious are correct, he may be in league with the corsairs. Make yourselves ready for anything."
- Corsair Commandant: "It's about time you showed up. I thought maybe you'd betrayed us. Of course, if you had....
- Elonbel: "Save your threats. I have the information you wanted...and I expect to be paid. Now, the main Sunspear patrols are still positioned along the east bank of the river....
- Corsair Commandant: "Did you hear that? Curse you Elonbel, you were followed! To battle brothers!"
- "You have confirmed my suspicions friend. Such a pity, but I have long felt there was more to Elonbel then met the eye. By dealing with him and his corsair allies you have done us all a great service. But I still have concerns there may be other corsairs within our ranks. I fear Elonbel may not have been working alone. We shall have to be doubly vigilant. Thank you for your courage, and may the sun guide you."
- If the player arrives at the meeting point ahead of Elonbel, the Corsair Commandant may become hostile before the dialogue begins. Defeating him and Elonbel early will stop the Corsair Spotters from spawning. This will prevent the quest from being completed, and the player will have to start again.