Cleansing the Steel
|Cleansing the Steel|
|Section||Shing Jea Island Quests|
|Given by||Headmaster Lee |
in Shing Jea Monastery.
(Shing Jea Island)
|Preceded by||Assassin Insignia|
Path to Soar Honorclaw from Ran Musu Gardens
Path to Dao Weng from Tsumei Village
- Deliver the carved buckeye to Soar Honorclaw.
- Meet Dao Weng in Panjiang Peninsula and kill him.
- Return to Soar Honorclaw to let her know you have succeeded.
- See Headmaster Lee for your reward.
First travel to Aerie. The fastest way is to first maptravel to Ran Musu Gardens and then go south. After talking to Soar, maptravel to Tsumei Village and then leave for Panjiang Peninsula. Weng and his four guards are nearby and not difficult foes if you bring allies. Any henchmen will do. Then return to Aerie before getting the reward in the Monastery.
(friendly at first)
- Headmaster Lee
- "Much as the Ranger safeguards Nature's balance, the Assassin's purpose is to right social imbalance. But you have achieved the opposite. Relations between humans and the Tengu are strained in the best circumstances, but we at the monastery make it a point to treat them with honor and respect.
- The village of Aerie is quite angry, and you and Panaku are to blame. This this [sic] is not the first time Panaku has enticed a student to do his dirty work, so Master Togo and I have agreed not to expel you, but you will be required to pay a visit to Aerie and convey our respects and apologies.
- Present this carved buckeye to Soar Honorclaw, your victim's daughter. It looks like any Tengu to me, but Talon assures me it is the very likeness of Swift Honorclaw, and that it is the appropriate offering to a grieving Tengu Family."
- Soar Honorclaw
- "You are from the monastery. I have expected you daily.
- Do not look for a welcome; you slew my father unjustly, and there are many here who wish you harm, but you are under my protection for the moment.
- Just so you understand, my father earned his death when he offered Dao Weng, a dishonest merchant who refused to pay a fair price for our grain. An argument with a Tengu in front of his associates was enough to injure the man's honor, so Dao Weng hired an Assassin to kill him.
- My thanks to the monastery for their offering, but I have one requirement before I consider matter repaired between Aerie and the monastery. I have arranged a meeting with Dao Weng, and I want you to appear in my stead and kill him."
Reaching Weng's group
- Dao Weng: "Where is Soar Honorclaw? Who are you?"
- Dao Weng: "An Assassin! I should have expected this.... Those filthy Tengu have no honor."
- Dao Weng: "Guards! Kill this Assassin immediately! I will await you...somewhere else."
- Soar Honorclaw
- "With Dao Weng's death, my father's spirit can finally fly away into the Sky Above the Sky. You may return to Master Togo and tell him that the score is settled. He is one of the few humans in this land who deals with the Tengu honorably, and that is not something I take lightly."
- Headmaster Lee
- "Society's balance teeters on a razor's edge. Your judgment must not. But you have done well, and if you keep your wits about you, you may yet make a great Assassin. Now, seek out Master Togo in Linnok Courtyard. All students who complete the advanced courses are required to speak with him."