|Categories|| Skill feedback|
Earthbind 15 1 30 Binding ritual (5...37...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...12...15 spirit. Foes are knocked down for at least 3 seconds. Whenever a foe is knocked down that foe takes 15...43...50 damage. Effect cost: this spirit loses 50...30...25 health.
Earthbind (PvP) 15 3 60 Binding ritual (5...37...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...8...10 spirit. Foes are knocked down for at least 3 seconds. Whenever a foe is knocked down that foe takes 5...25...30 damage. Effect cost: this spirit loses 50...30...25 health.
Ghostly Weapon 5 ¼ 5 Weapon spell (10 seconds). The next attack inflict one of the following conditions at random: bleeding (5...21...25 seconds), cracked armor (1...8...10 second[s]), cripple (1...8...10 second[s]), deep wound (3...13...15 seconds), weakness (3...13...15 seconds) or the next condition target foe inflicts is also inflicted to target foe.
Offering of Spirit 5 ¼ 5 Elite Skill (15 seconds). Your spirits are healed for 5...17...20 whenever they hit with an attack and take 5...17...20 less damage and are immune to critical hits. Initial effect: your spirits shadow step to your location and are healed for 60...92...100.
Restoration 10 1 30 Binding ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a non-spirit ally within range takes damage that ally is healed for 5...25...30. Effect cost: this spirit loses 5...25...30 health when it heals an ally.
Restoration (PvP) 10 3 30 Binding ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...7...8 spirit. Whenever a non-spirit ally within range takes damage that ally is healed for 5...25...30 each second. Effect cost: this spirit loses 5...25...30 health when it heals an ally.
Soothing (PvP) 15 5 45 Binding Ritual (5...37...45 seconds). Creates a level (1...8...10 spirit. Whenever a foe uses an attack skill it loses all adrenaline. Effect cost: this spirit loses 50...30...25 health whenever it causes adrenaline loss.
Sundering Weapon 5 ¼ 10 Weapon spell (4...9...10 seconds). Target ally's next 1...3...3 attack[s] have +10% armor penetration and inflict cracked armor (5...17...20 second[s]) or allies hitting target foe with an attack have +10% armor penetration.
Wanderlust 10 1 30 Elite Binding ritual (30...126...150 seconds). Creates a level 1...16...20 spirit that deals 5...17...20 damage and causes a knock down with it's attacks. This spirit hits 2 more foes near it's target with it's attacks. Effect cost: this spirit loses 50...30...25 health.
Wanderlust (PvP) 10 3 45 Elite Binding ritual (30...54...60 seconds). Creates a level 1...12...15 spirit that deals 5...17...20 damage and causes a knock down with it's attacks. Effect cost: this spirit loses 75...55...50 health.
For Communing i decided to improve some of the weapon spells and binding rituals to make them a bit more playable. Right now Communing is used for 2 purposes; first being the offensive spirits for damage often combined with the elite Signet of Ghostly Might or Ritual Lord, seconds being it's defensive spirits combined with the elite Soul Twisting to give the party superior protection. It's weapon spells and utility spirits are almost never used, these unused skills i want to change to give them use again. Like the weapon spells in my Channeling Magic suggestion the ones here also have been changed.
- Brutal Weapon has it's recharge reduced slightly and it's duration increased slightly. It's damage remains the same however it no longer has it's drawback. Since protective enchantments are very often used Brutal Weapon's effect is often negated, removing that drawback should remove that problem. When it is cast on a foe it acts as Barbs letting allies deal more damage with attacks to that foe. I gave it a PvP version with reduced damage for the same reason as Strength of Honor (PvP).
- Earthbind now deals damage whenever a foe is knocked down instead of just extending it to 3 seconds. This should give it better synergy with knock down skills and knock downs who already have a duration of 3 seconds or more, wich are is quite often due to Stonefist Insignia and skills such as Psychic Instability and Reaper's Sweep.
- Ghostly Weapon now inflicts a random condition like Desperation Blow and Drunken Blow instead of being unblockable for a single hit. This let's it work much better with the martial classes since they very often rely on such conditions to take out their foes. When it is cast on a foe it acts like a single use Contagion inflicting the condition to the foe when it inflicts a condition.
- Guided Weapon has received a simple change. It's cost has been reduced and the ammount of attacks that are unblockable now scale making it a weapon spell version of Guiding Hands and like Guiding Hands it removes blind as well. Normally i'm not the type to copy skill functions but in this case i see it as a very suitable function for this weapon spell. The duration of blocking skills is often limited amd the ammount of them that are encountered as well. The high energy cost and long casting time against the limited use it has do not make it a viable skill to use. When cast on a foe it acts like Rigor Mortis preventing that foe from blocking attacks.
- Mighty Was Vorizun has been overhauled in function. Instead of being a self-managment skill it now is a skill that supports binding rituals. While holding the was your spirits are buffed by an incease of their attributes making them stronger and letting them last longer. As drop effect you gain energy for each binding ritual you have, this allows you to recover some of your energy lost by the often high costs of the binding rituals. Altough it seems like a function more suitable for Spawning Power i let it remain in Communing to give secondary Spirit Lords a good spirit managment skill but not being superior or losing out to the skills in Spawning Power.
- Offering of Spirit has been moved to Communing and received a function to support your spirits. I moved it to Communing because of the very low ammount of elite skills Communing has against fairly high ammount of elite skills in Channeling Magic. This gives Channeling Magic 5 elites instead of 6 and Communing 4 elites instead of 3. The new function it receives is one the offer a large bar compression composed out of 3 popular skills; Armor of Unfeeling, Summon Spirits and Spiritleech Aura. This should allow it to function quite well with the offensive spirits in Communing and do much better instead of an energy managment skill highly inferior to Spirit Channeling.
- Restoration has been turned into a spirit that heals your allies whenever they take damage giving it decent synergy with Shelter and Union when it comes to damage reduction, or in this case healing damage. As a resurrection skill it is completely unused and simply does not work or can it be balanced properly to work without overpowering it like Eternal Aura and "We Shall Return!".
- Soothing has been changed into a spirit that mimics the adrenaline loss effects of attack skills such Final Thrust and Hammer Bash. When a foe uses an attack skill it causes that foe to lose all adrenaline reducing spiking capabilities. Foes can still normally build up adrenaline. The PvP version has an effect cost causing it to lose health whenever it causes adrenaline loss.
- Sundering Weapon has received a simple change to make it more playable, i reduced it's casting time and as balance i scaled the ammount of affected attacks up to 3 instead of a set 3. When cast on a foe allies gain an aditional armor penetration against that foe. I chose this effect over the ability to inflict cracked armor to let it have some synergy with itself.
- Wanderlust since the buffs to Signet of Spirits, Signet of Ghostly Might, Ritual Lord and Soul Twisting has been unused almost entirely. To make it see use again i gave it the ability to attack 3 foes at once for PvE and made it's knock down unconditional and reduced the health it loses. For PvP the health loss remain the same and only hits one foe instead of 3. I also increased it's level and greatly increased it's duration for PvE. With the level increase it can last longer in battle since it will take less damage and since it's health also increases with the increase of it's level it can also attack more often when it hits, wich is quite important since it hits multiple foes now meaning it will lose health faster. With these buff i aim to make it a strong offensive spirit worth taking and is a proper match in power to the previous mentioned elites.
- Weapon of Quickening also has received some changes to make it more playable i decreased it's cost, casting time and it's duration. It no longer affects all spells and binding rituals but has a scaling ammount of the spells and binding rituals affected by it. Right now it's long casting time is holding back the use of this elite while it's actually a very good elite skill, and unique since there are no other targetable skills that reduce the recharge of spells without having a drawback. When it is cast on a foe it reduces the recharge of spells cast on that foe. This function is designed to support caster spikes and builds with hexes that have a long recharge. Spells that don't target foes such as healing spells and non-targettable spells such as Flame Burst remain unaffected.
Well that concludes Communing for now, maybe more later.