Before completion of the Kodonur Crossroads mission:
- "All Kournans are allowed to speak their mind ...so long as we all come to the same conclusions."
- "Get back to work."
- "Kourna succeeds because of Warmarshal Varesh."
- "Ruling is a birthright. If the peasants had been born of noble blood, they would rule."
- "Warmarshal Varesh is a great leader."
After completion of the Kodonur Crossroads mission:
- "More troops means more food, so naturally the quotas are higher and the punishments harsher."
- "Rumor says that Varesh is preparing a suprise for Istan."
- "Thank Varesh the Sunspears have been nearly wiped out."
- "The western villagers are rebellious. The army should be dispatched to keep them in line."
- "This recent Centaur uprising will certainly be their last. The Warmarshal will destroy them."
After completion of the Moddok Crevice mission:
- "General Morgahn will avenge his fallen comrade. You shall see."
- "The loss of General Bayel saddens us all. The Sunspears shall pay for this wicked act."
- "The Sunspear cowards fled, but they won't get far. Morgahn and Varesh will hunt them down."
- "Troops have been sent to Vabbi to protect our people here in Kourna."
- "We haven't invaded Istan because there's no need. They are shattered."
After completion of the Grand Court of Sebelkeh mission:
- "Demons! War! Peasants allowed to speak their minds! The world is a terrible nightmare."
- "Warmarshal Varesh has gone into the Desolation. My prayers go with her."
- "With Istan and Vabbi both in turmoil, only Kourna stands as a bastion of civilization."
- "With Varesh gone, I'll finally have a chance to really rule...if it weren't for those blasted demons."
- "Wretched refugees. Get out of my way."
After completion of the Ruins of Morah mission:
- "End of the world bargains! Everything must go."
- "I must say, at least business is good."
- "I won't let those Sunspears get the best of me...or of Kourna!"
- "Varesh controlled these demons. If the rumors are true, and she is truly dead, then we're all doomed."
- "Where is Varesh? Surely you don't believe those awful rumors..."
After completion of the Abaddon's Gate mission:
- "Don't you think I would make a wonderful Warmarshal?"
- "I can't talk now. The caravan is leaving. I have to get out of Kourna before the Istani invade."
- "I cannot feed my family. The supplies were all eaten by the troops or destroyed. What will we do?"
- "Istani troops are on the borders, hungry for war."
- "Varesh will return. You shall see."