Master of Area Effects
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Master of Area Effects|
The Master of Area Effects is a Zaishen master who stands in front of the ranged-circles that measure the different area of effects. He gives information about adjacent, nearby, and in the area ranges.
- "Come nearer, student. If you seek to learn about tactics, you have come to the correct place. It is a wise combatant who understands that war is not one man fighting in a field; positioning of your allies and foes is just as important as good skill usage. The dance of tactics is a difficult one to master, but it can turn the tide of the most overwhelming defeat."
- "Is there more knowledge you seek from me?"
- ⇒ Tell me about area effects.
- "To fight effectively, you must study the circles of effect. As you approach your opponent, you become dangerous to him, but he is more dangerous to you. In a similar manner, as you approach your allies, they can help you more, and you can help them more. There are three main circles, or areas of effect, in combat. "Adjacent" applies to anyone close enough for you to swing a weapon at. "Nearby" is the next largest area of effect, and "in the area" describes the largest area of effect."
- "If you wish to learn the area of effect for each of your own skills, I suggest you stand at the center of this circle of targets. I think you will find that most of your skills and magical weapons can reach as far as the second circle."
- ⇒ Let's talk about something else.