|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Given by|| Minister Jaisan |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Capturing the Orrian Tome|
- Destroy a suitable target and use the Signet of Capture to acquire a skill.
- See Minister Jaisan for your reward
- You receive a Signet of Capture after accepting this quest for the first time.
To use a Signet of Capture which you received from Minister Jaisan, you need to equip it on the skill bar and find a suitable powerful foe, or in other words, a boss with corresponding profession. Many bosses can be found in three explorable areas which are accessible after you have arrived at Kaineng: Bukdek Byway, Wajjun Bazaar and The Undercity. Also, bosses with all Factions professions can be met while doing the mission Vizunah Square. You may capture any skill from a boss, however, capturing an elite skill is preferable because you get the additional experience and powerful skill as well.
Upon capturing this skill, you will have completed the quest. Then you see Minister Jaisan; as your reward, you get a second signet of capture, 2,500 Experience and you may keep the skill you captured in order to complete the quest.
- Minister Jaisen
- Now that the Orrian tome has been returned, I can get back to creating more Signets of Capture for our people. Wait, you mean to tell me that you have never heard of a Signet of Capture? Oh dear...
- Let me start at the beginning. While in Cantha, you will often encounter creatures that use skills that you would like to learn. Using a Signet of Capture, you may "capture" that skill for your own use. In order to do so, you must understand a few things. First, common foes do not possess the necessary Energy to activate the Signet's power; it only work[sic] on those who possess exceptional power. You can recognize these powerful foes by the colored auras that surround them. Once you find a worthy foe, you must destroy it and then activate your Signet of Capture, which will allow you to select one of that foe's skills. One last restriction you must know before you go. The skill you hope to capture must be a skill type that you would be able to use according to your profession. There are some exceptionally powerful skills that may only be attained in this manner, so this Signet is an extremely valuable resource. Now, I really must get back to work!
- Do you understand how to use the Signet of Capture?
- Accept: "Find a boss, kill it, activate the Signet, pick a skill. Got it."
- Decline: "This is over my head. I'll come back later."
- Ask: "If you wish to test your Signet of Power, [sic]seek out and destroy an exceptional foe. You will recognize such foes by the colored auras that surround them. Remember, the power of the Signet is limited; you may only capture skills that you would normally be able to use."
- Minister Jaisan
- Of course the Signet worked. Did you fear otherwise? Since you seem to have mastered the use of the Signet of Capture, and seeing as it was you who helped us retrieve the Orrian tome, I will give you one more Signet free of charge. After this however, you will need to pay, same as everyone else. After all, the Celestial Ministry is not in the business of charity...