Mursaat Tower (skill)
From Guild Wars Wiki
- Concise description
Spell. Removes any enchantments, damages players, drains 2 Energy per second, and causes -1 Energy degeneration.
- The effects of Mursaat Tower are more complex than written in the skill description. The activation of ward-like area and permanent 2 energy drain per second have a place in an area with size approximately 2 Danger Zone around the tower; at this distance the skill icon is not visible on the effects monitor. Other effects (enchantment removal, damage, -1 energy degeneration) occur when character enters the Danger Zone of the tower and the icon appears on the monitor. Damage and enchantment removal are the instant initial effects; duration of energy degeneration is equal to duration of skill which is 10 seconds (if not recast before the expiration).
- This is the equivalent of 7 pips of energy degeneration.
- The range of this effect is approximately earshot.
- This effect acts as if it were a maintained ward around a Mursaat tower with a working Ether Seal attached to it.
- There is a large ward-like effect which appears when the skill is active, though some towers display it perpetually.
- Combining Glyph of Lesser Energy with low-energy skills and using signet skills when possible can help a spellcaster function inside the tower's influence. Healers can use party area of effect spells and avoid entering the tower's influence. Rangers can sometimes attack from a distance with a bow while still out of the area of effect, as can offensive spirits (provided their summoner attacks the ether seal from a distance with a bow so that the spirits begin attacking it too). Melee classes can effectively make use of adrenaline-based skills, zealous weapons or skills that provide energy on hit (e.g. Warrior's Endurance or Zealous Renewal) to counter the energy denial.