From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Number of skills||16|
Skill type. A pet attack provides a buff on your animal companion, which activates on its next attack, unlike other attack skill types. The buff lasts ten seconds, which is not listed in skill descriptions. You must have a pet with you to activate them.
- You can only have one pet attack buff on your pet at a time.
- All damage from pet attacks (bonus damage but also regular damage in the particular case of Melandru's Assault) benefit from the 33% damage boost of pets in PvE (gained in the August 6, 2009 update), so they do more damage than the descriptions state.
- It is not possible to interrupt a pet attack by interrupting the owner, one needs to interrupt the pet directly (which is hard to do, as when the pet attempts the attack there is no warning from the skill activation bar).
- Successful Clumsiness will not remove the pet attack buff.
- When a pet uses an assigned attack, its cry will always sound. Players should pay attention to the sound if they want to effectively use pet attacks without having to keep track of the Pet panel.
- The buff effect applied by Pet attacks is not considered an attack skill, and as such Strength and skills such as Anthem of Weariness do not trigger. However pet attacks are considered melee attacks on the skillbar for the purpose of skills such as Defensive Stance or Deadly Paradox.
- All pet attacks are tied to Beast Mastery.
- Pet attacks were once shouts, in Prophecies beta, which is why they share more traits with shouts than with other attack skill types. They are not considered shouts, however, and will not interact with Echoes.
List of pet attacks
|Bestial Mauling||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Inflicts Dazed condition (4...9...10 seconds) if target foe is knocked-down.||5||20||Factions|
|Bestial Pounce||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Causes knock-down if target foe is casting a spell.||5||10||Prophecies|
|Brutal Strike||Pet Attack. Deals +5...29...35 damage. Deals +5...29...35 more damage if target foe is under 50% health.||10||5||Prophecies|
|Disrupting Lunge||Pet Attack. Deals +1...10...12 damage. Interrupts a skill. Interruption effect: interrupted skill is disabled for +20 seconds.||5||20||Core|
|Enraged Lunge||Elite Pet Attack. Inflicts Deep Wound condition (5...17...20 seconds) and deals +10...42...50 damage.||5||5||Factions|
|Enraged Lunge (PvP)||Elite Pet Attack. Deals +3...19...23 damage (maximum 80) for each of your recharging Beast Mastery skills.||5||5||Factions|
|Feral Lunge||Pet Attack. Deals +5...29...35 damage. Inflicts Bleeding condition if target foe is attacking (5...21...25 seconds).||5||10||Prophecies|
|Ferocious Strike||Elite Pet Attack. Deals +13...25...28 damage. You gain adrenaline and 3...9...10 energy.||5||8||Core|
|Maiming Strike||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Inflicts Crippled condition (3...13...15 seconds) if target foe is moving.||10||5||Core|
|Melandru's Assault||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage to nearby foes.||10||5||Prophecies|
|Melandru's Assault (PvP)||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Deals +5...29...35 more damage to target and foes adjacent to target if this foe is enchanted.||10||5||Prophecies|
|Poisonous Bite||Pet Attack. Inflicts Poisoned condition (5...17...20 seconds).||5||7||Factions|
|Pounce||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Causes knock-down if target foe is moving.||5||20||Factions|
|Predator's Pounce||Pet Attack. Deals +5...29...35 damage. Your pet gains 5...41...50 Health if this attack hits.||5||5||Prophecies|
|Savage Pounce||Pet Attack. Deals +5...17...20 damage. Causes knock-down if target foe is casting a spell.||5||10||Factions|
|Scavenger Strike||Pet Attack. Deals +10...22...25 damage. You gain 3...13...15 Energy if target foe has a condition.||5||10||Core|