This wurm definitively has a green aura, but hasn't any ranger or necro skills (check with a SoC). -Khan Reaper Kerensky 17:07, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
- I haven't been able to get him to spawn again :S he spawns w/ 2 lvl 24 frost wurms. Such a weird boss. Maybe kinda like maw the mountain heart? how he rarely spawns in weird places. Did you happen to see all the skills he uses? --Lou-Saydus 23:30, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- I only have a screenshot of it using Irrestible Blow and Flail. - Khan Reaper Kerensky 08:05, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry how is that proof he is a ranger necro, the SoC shows he has neither of either skills like you would get with any non ranger or necro boss... If anything this is a bug, unless he is using expertise which only anet can confirm for us. --Lemming 13:17, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- I'm not saying that he is a ranger/necro. He has a green aura, so he is either a ranger or a necro primary and not a primary warrior. A boss without skills of its primary profession is kinda weird, don't you think? -Khan Reaper Kerensky 13:39, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- That, or it is a bug... --Lemming 13:50, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
- There never been a orange wurm before so i think anet used the maw skin or frostspawn?--Melon 14:22, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
Here is an SoC shot of his Warrior skills:
--Rainith 04:27, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
- Conversely, where does he spawn in Varajar Fells and Bjora Marches? I've never seen him in either area. -- 126.96.36.199 01:36, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
- In Bjora its right near the entrance to Jaga Moraine. About 4 dots south east of the res shrine there. - BeX 16:58, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- I've seen him half way between the entrance to Bjora and the dervish boss in Jaga Moraine
- It's definitely a very rare spawn, and I just found it while doing a solo run up through Bjora Marches to Jaga Moraine. It spawned in an area where only lesser wurms spawn usually, but this time the big fella spawned as well with two of his lesser Wurm friends, about one third of the way across Bjora Marches map, about at the north-western area of where the Berserking Minotaurs and Wendigo's patrol. I have a screenshot for reference. :) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/bigfella73/Guild%20Wars/gw976i.jpg ... if you can find a better way to edit it so as to hide the source address.
- Also, one other place I've seen him spawn (but no screeny proof) is while doing an old Norn-point farm (Ursan run many years ago) and he popped in Varajar Fells, but only the once. I think it's safe to say he spawns anywhere in Norn areas that there's snow, or where ordinary wurms might usually spawn (even rare ones). So the data on this boss may be inconclusive, but we've determined the area of usual (albeit rare) spawns. 188.8.131.52 08:22, 13 July 2012 (UTC)
he's a green worm A net couldn't make him yeller(or day jus' lazy) so... he's green, leave the poor wurm alone don't you think he has enough troubles already? --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) at 16:07, 18 February 2008 (UTC).
- If he was yellow, he would be a paragon. The fact that he's green makes him a necromancer or a ranger, and the fact that he gains energy when something dies proves that he is a necromancer. No primary warriors have Soul Reaping. Paddymew 13:51, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
He is in fact a N/W, he gains energy when one of your party dies. You can see the twinkle above his head when it happens.Quetzal 21:03, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- But woudlnt this make his flail useless since its strength?--220.127.116.11 07:03, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- There's plenty of bosses that have skills that are pretty much useless to them --In ferro veritas 14:29, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
- Flail started out as a non-attrib, anyway, before turret rangers came around, right?--18.104.22.168 00:49, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Easy way to find him
In Bjora Marches there is a spawn point of a Frost Wurm not far from the exit into Jaga Moraine, there's a way to get to it without aggroing any monsters from Longeyes Ledge, go to pvxwiki and look at the Dervish or Ele Glacial farmer build and they have a map to get there, get there and keep zoning in and out of Jaga Moraine and go to the Wurm spot.
If it helps, the Wurm spawns next to a Frozen watering hole near the Jaga Moraine portal.Quetzal 21:10, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Lolz after about 25 times in and out bjora marches he finally spawned for me :D - Wikke 19:30, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
I'll confirm this. I found him about halfway between the portal and the frozen lake after about half a dozen tries. But of course I had a degener in my group and it degened to death while underground. Never found the corpse to cap the skill. Oh well, back to zoning. --22.214.171.124 06:16, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Okay I have been in and out of Jaga Moraine about 40 times and still not got him to spawn. However I have noticed the same spawn sights appearing for the single ice elemental or a single frost wurm and they are usually close to the Jotun groups. I come out of Jaga Moraine pick up the Norn hunting bonus off Kobach. If you look left there is a group of Jotun and again right I have not found any spawn points by these groups to date. If you see a single ice elemental, according to the wiki, tough luck the boss will not appear but you can use the ice elemental to learn where the spawn points are. If no ice elementals it does not mean that the boss will appear. Circle around the spawn points I have identified and you might come across a single wurm and hopefully I will come across Jormungand eventually! Not all the spawn points are close to the frozen watering hole Count Calixtus 18:42, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Well after about 55 spawns in and out I gave up and went to Snake Dance and found the skill on the first sweep in HM. --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Count Calixtus (talk • contribs) at 20:29, 28 June 2009 (UTC).
- Thanks for the map! I swept the around around a dozen times, zoning back to Jaga Moraine whenever I saw an Elemental or ran over a Frost Wurm. My first run through the area found neither an Elemental nor a Frost Worm, and I had almost thought my last wouldn't either. But, there's no mistaking when he tunnels out of the ground, because he's huge. I found that his two Frost Wurm companions spawned after he had died. Whether this is coincidence or not isn't a fact I'm willing to confirm. Hammstein 08:16, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
I can't find any information at all on whether or not he spawns in Normal Mode, or if he only spawns in Hard Mode. Only one person who has found him has mentioned which mode he was in, and that was Hard Mode. Does anyone know if he can spawn in Normal at all? Update: I found him in Bjora Marches by the Jotun group a short way east of the frozen lake. This was in Normal Mode. Ouatis 14:00, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
For what it's worth, I ran into him today on the way to the dungeon. Travelling clockwise from the outpost and through the cave (with the warrior boss), the worm and his two pals popped up right outside the cave exit while fighting the other wildlife. This spawn point is not on the current map. Lord Flynt 22:28, 2 July 2012 (UTC)
theres no way he spawns every time in bjora marches, it should say next to his name in the boss list on the bjora marches page (spawns rarely) and do u have to walk right over him when he is burried or does he agro at the touch of your bubble like any other monster? Jay 11:04, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not having any succes at all finding the boss, even finding a Frost Wurm is difficult, and I've been running around like a psycho trying to get a pop-up without much succes, especially the frozen part has been walked over, and haven't had a spawn there yetMal 14:48, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Just a Hint, if you're planning on killing Jormungand, try not to give him any life draining Conditions, as if he dies while under the ground his body with not show up, therefore you can not use signet of capture to get any of his skills, completely wasting your time... as it did mine.
I had posted maps to it's location spawns.... they're been removed >.< do I have do reload them? I may have deleted them.--Chieftain Alex 17:15, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- My mistake, turns out I had posted an image for one of them, even though I had thought I had uploaded ones for the others.. which I used to have saved. --Chieftain Alex 17:21, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Frost Wurm/Jormungand Locations
Wurm bosses spawn where any other Frost Wurms can, and I have located (possibly) all of the Wurm spawn locations.
BEFORE LOOKING AT THE MAPS READ THIS - While my maps contain many locations per area, a Wurm may not always be at said location, in fact, it's possible no Wurms spawn at all.
Green dots are the most likely locations you'll find a Wurm boss at, Red dots are rare for seeing a Boss at.
(I have more, I'm not allowed to 'promote' (post) my own site, but I have a site with lotsa guild wars fluff, includingin depth boss locations and the perma-location of the rare Maw The Mountain Heart. PM me in game if you wish to know my site (ING = Mizgog The Flame)
--Quetzal 16:03, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Cant find him anymore
I killed him the first time just point farming but when i point farmed the area again he wouldn't spawn. Not a big deal cause you can find him in other areas just a pain to track down --The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) at 07:37, 11 January 2009 (UTC).
- Ive just finnished vanqing all of EoTN, not once have i see this fucker.--188.8.131.52 16:15, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Does ths Boss Still Spawn in Bjora Marches/Possible Frozen Elemental Glitch
I have been trying to find this Boss in Bjora Marches. I have found most of the spawning locations for Frozen Wurms in this area. I have taken screen shots of the Wurm and the of the map each time the Frozen Wurm spawns. I plan to compile this info into a single map of likley spawning locations of the Wurms and therefore Jormungand in Bjora Marches. Then there is the issue of the lone Frozen Elemental, which often spawns instead of a Frozen Wurm in these locations. This is a possible glitch because no Frozen Elementals are supposed to be found in Bjora Marches. (The Frozen Elemental occurance has also been documented by others on the Bjora Marches talk page.) I have tried every technique I can find or think of but no boss yet. I have also tried switching back and forth a bit from Bjora Marches to Norrhart Domains going to the green dot on the map found in the "Frost Wurm/Jormungand Locations" section above; but I have yet to even see a Frost Wurm at that location yet. By far I have spent most of my time in Bjora Marches. I have screen shots of finding Frost Wurms almost 40 times and have seen that Elemental even more times (who I am beginning to despise btw). I know Jormungand's appearance is rare, but it seems like I'm spinning my wheels and getting nowhere. And I'm am begining to wonder if there is a glitch that is preventing the Boss from spawning like he's supposed to. At the very least when the Frozen Elemental spawns no Frozen Wurm will splawn at that spawning site. Can anyone give the last date that they found Jormungand in Bjora Marches? Any help in addition to what is found above for tracking this Wurm is welcome as I'd like to Cap this Elite Skill. RhapsodyMoon 21:44, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Correction this Boss is stated to spawn Randomly (not Rarely) in Bjora Marches. RhapsodyMoon 22:15, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just spotted the talk about the Frozen Elementalist in the Notes of the Main Page. Still Looking for Help on the Boss. Have a lead to Him in Varajar Fells from that regions talk page. RhapsodyMoon 01:37, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- I finally captured Earth Shaker in Snake Dance in Prophesies. RhapsodyMoon 05:50, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Frozen Elemental/Frost Wurm exclusion
I've been searching for Jormungand for some time now, and I recently found that the single Frozen Elemental mentioned elsewhere can spawn in the same instance as a single buried Frost Wurm (If verification is required, I have a screencap). What I suspect is that if a Frozen Elemental spawns, it means the boss just glitched, perhaps he spawns in an area that he's too large for or some silly collision business like that. If I had to further theorize, I would say that there's a check to see if the boss spawns, and if he doesn't, then one of the spawn points becomes a Frost Wurm. I would be interested to know if anyone who's had the boss spawn has had a Frozen Elemental or a Frost Wurm spawn in the same instance, not including the boss group.--Axis 00:34, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
Just putting my two cents in: I just did a run through Norrhart Domains and I ran into a single-spawn Wurm and a single-spawn Elemental at two of the possible points. No Jormungand this run. Legionaireb 01:10, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
Drakkar Lake Spawn Points
I've now seen this wurm boss in two different locations in Drakkar Lake. While it's been some time since I've last seen him here, the first spot is in the general area southeast of the lake. The second spot was discovered today when the big guy and his 2 pals popped up along the east side of the lake approximately halfway between Sifhalla and the rabbit cave. Lord Flynt (talk) 21:15, 6 March 2014 (UTC)