The Hunting of the Charr
|The Hunting of the Charr|
|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Sergeant Weststar |
in Sacnoth Valley
|Preceded by||Falling Out|
(Click to enlarge)
- Hunt down Rake Blazeclaw.
- Crush Rake Blazeclaw.
- Bash the Enforcer.
- See Captain Langmar for your reward.
Enter through the nearby portal into Rragar's Menagerie located in Sacnoth Valley South-West corner. Pick up the blessing from the Beacon of Droknar and go straight ahead to the mob that you can clearly see with the two melee bosses in. It is a good idea to take out the Flameshielders first as they deal the most damage here. After you have killed the small mob, map travel to Longeye's Ledge and exit into Grothmar Wardowns and speak to Captain Langmar for your reward.
- "Rake Blazeclaw and his minion have fled to Rragar's Menagerie. If we strike now, we can enter the battle on our terms...and our deaths may be slightly less horrifying. Be warned...Blazeclaw's minion is a fearsome beast. It melds into the shadows, appearing in a flash of claws and death. This will not be an easy battle."
- "At last, we are free of the menace of Rake Blazeclaw and his nightmarish minion. One less leader amongst the Charr is a battle won countless times on the field. Allow me to induct you as an honorary member of our unit. Take this as compensation for your brave deeds. You did good, kid."
- The quest dialogue implies that The Enforcer is an assassin that can Shadow step, however, this actually describes Rake Blazeclaw.
- The title of the quest may be a reference to Lewis Carroll's "The Hunting of the Snark," which features a group of adventurers hunting a fearsome creature fitting Jenn Valefield's description. "We were attacked by...something. I couldn't see what it was. Just that it was enormous."
- The quest reward text finishes with "You did good, kid." Part of a famous line from Rocky 3, by Mickey the trainer.