|Section||Charr Homelands Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Corpse of Brave Brent Poltroon |
in Dalada Uplands
|Preceded by||Assault on the Stronghold|
|Followed by|| Forgotten Relics|
The Hunting of the Charr
(Click to enlarge)
- You must first listen to the conversation that Sergeant Weststar is having with his troops just outside Longeye's Ledge in Grothmar Wardowns.
- Discover the fate of Jenn Valefield.
- Discern the fate of Chance Redding.
- Divine the fate of Sergeant Weststar.
After listening to the conversation, go to Dalada Uplands and head down to the southeast corner where the portal to Sacnoth Valley is. Look for the Corpse of Brave Brent Poltroon nearby and investigate the corpse to obtain the quest. Head through the portal into Sacnoth Valley. Once there your quest marker will point to the location of each NPC you need to contact. After speaking to each NPC they will follow your party to the next location.
Jenn Valefield is to the south sitting beneath a tree in a field with a dozen stone elementals nearby.
In Sacnoth Valley:
Corpse of Brave Brent Poltroon
- *The body of Brave Brent Poltroon lies before you, replete with savage and grisly wounds. It appears Brent's suspicions were not baseless after all, and he has been chewed on by a Charr. What fate has befallen the other Ebon Vanguard?*
- Jenn Valefield: At last! A familiar face amongst this madness.
- Jenn Valefield: We were attacked by...something. I couldn't see what it was. Just that it was enormous.
- Jenn Valefield: We had to run, and we were separated. I'm not sure where the others are.
- Jenn Valefield: I'll go with you. we need to find Chance and the Captain,[sic] and make sure that they're all right.
- Chance Redding: Ah! Back, Charr! Oh, it's you two. It's a good thing you're here...I'm holding up, but Mr. Pointy was getting a little nervous.
- Chance Redding: I was about to roust every Charr in the place...as soon as I stop bleeding when I move. Anytime now.
- Chance Redding: Maybe I'm too injured to fight, but I can still offer inspiring homilies to pump us up for battle!
- Chance Redding: Eh, let's just find the Sergeant before Blazeclaw turns him into short ribs.
- Sergeant Weststar
- <Character name>, Jenn, Chance. I'm gratified you're not dead. Rake Blazeclaw and another Charr attacked me and headed into the dungeon. We are safe for now, but this isn't over yet. It may be worse than we thought. Those Charr said they were meeting another of their kind named Rragar. There is something insidious afoot, and whatever it is, can only bode ill for us if they aren't stopped.
- It is possible to complete this quest without fighting at all.
- Enemies cannot target nor harm Jenn and Chance.
- Chance Redding's allusion to Mr. Pointy is a reference to the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer; "Mr. Pointy" is the nickname given to a stake by Kendra.