The Undead Hordes
|The Undead Hordes|
|Given by|| Elder Hezron |
(Click to enlarge)
- Go to the Watchtower Coast and stop the undead from reaching Beetletun.
- Return to Elder Hezron for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- Griffon's Sweep
- Holy Veil
- Plague Touch
- Inspired Enchantment
- Water Attunement
The undead come in small waves but grow successively, culminating in a Bone Dragon accompanying the last wave. Move very quickly and use holy damage. If you die, there is a resurrection shrine very close by.
Waves 1, 2, and 3, have three groups of enemies each. Wave 4 has four groups. Wave 5 is the last wave, and has three groups, the last group being the Bone Dragon and the Damned Cleric.
- 15 (20) Lionguard Sentry x6
- 10 (20) Krytan (male and female) x4
- 1 (20) Krytan Peasant (male and female) x3
- 16 (25) Hellhound
- 1 (22) Restless Corpse
- 12 (24) Skeleton Monk
- 13 (24) Skeleton Mesmer
- 13 (24) Skeleton Sorcerer
- 3 (22) Raging Cadaver
- 11 (24) Grasping Ghoul
- 18 (25) Bone Dragon
- 18 (25) Necrid Horseman
- 14 (24) Zombie Warlock
- 17 (?) Damned Cleric
- Elder Hezron
- How fortunate that you're here! A horde of undead has been sighted shambling toward Beetletun! We have no defense against them and will surely perish without your help. They approach even now from Watchtower Coast.
- Will you defend our hapless village?
- Accept: "I will defend you."
- Decline: "I'd suggest fleeing."
- Ask: "The undead approach from the Watchtower Coast! Meet them in battle and defeat them before they reach our village."
- Lionguard Sentry: To arms! To arms!
- Krytan: Don't let the undead get us.
- Lionguard Sentry: I'll watch your back.
- Krytan: You're on your own.
- Krytan: I'd suggest fleeing.
- Elder Hezron
- Your defeat of that undead horde has earned the gratitude of all of Beetletun, <Player name>. Your name will live forever in our hearts.
- You only need to kill the last group of each wave to trigger the next wave to come. For the last wave, the final group is the Bone Dragon with a Cleric, and upon killing them, the quest will complete.
- Abandon the quest after completing it and take it again to farm items during times with special drops, such as Wintersday, Halloween, etc.
- On some of the groups, there are a large number of Level 1 and Level 3 enemies. It might be better to take them out quickly, to reduce the number of targets, and also to make it easier to concentrate your entire party's attack damage on the higher level monsters.
- In War in Kryta environment you may not need to fight at all: wait a few minutes near a quest mark until 2 groups of Peacekeepers kill all quest foes, then go after the reward.
- If you don't succeed in stopping them you can just be resurrected nearby and return to finish the job, as the hordes will just wait at the Beetletun gates.
- If you wait right in front of the gates, the large group of NPCs will engage the enemies as well and they do not need to survive for the quest to complete.