To the Rescue!
- This article is about the Domain of Anguish quest. For other uses, see To the Rescue.
|To the Rescue!|
|Section||Domain of Anguish Quests|
|Given by||Voice of Whispers |
in Ravenheart Gloom
(Domain of Anguish)
|Followed by||The Rifts Between Us|
|Type||Secondary quest |
(Click to enlarge)
- Rescue the Order of Whispers company trapped behind enemy lines.
- Survive the demon army assault.
- Warden of Whispers must survive.
- See Warden of Whispers for your reward.
After accepting the quest, pick up the Shard of Brilliance if you want, it will give a little light, although it's not essential. As you leave the short passageway, notice a group of Order of Whispers standing out front. As you approach, four groups of three Torment creatures each will charge that position. Defend yourselves.
Follow the quest marker to the west, pulling and taking out patrols as necessary. There are groups of Order of Whispers and Torment creatures at several locations. At each one, they will begin fighting as you approach. Helping them is optional, since the survivors won't follow you anyway.
Once you reach the quest marker where the Warden of Whispers and four Order of Whispers are, the waves will start coming. Each wave consists of 3 Torment creatures of the same profession. The waves come fast, and gets even faster towards the end. Your party must be able to dispatch each wave as quickly as possible before the numbers become overwhelming. The NPCs are of little help except as corpses, but take note that the Warden of Whispers inside the cave must survive.
Depending on your style, it is also possible to intercept the Torment creatures outside the cave, in order to have a wider battlefield. This is quite risky as the NPCs inside that cave cannot survive even one group.
- 28 (30) Flesh Tormentor
- 28 (30) Spirit Tormentor
- 28 (30) Heart Tormentor
- 28 (30) Soul Tormentor
- 28 (30) Mind Tormentor
- 28 (30) Water Tormentor
- 28 (30) Sanity Tormentor
- 28 (30) Earth Tormentor
- Voice of Whispers
- "[Difficulty: Master] A company of my finest men went behind enemy lines to assassinate several demon commanders. We've lost all contact with them and I fear that they are lost."
- "I need you to venture into the darkness and find out what has become of them. Do you have the guts?"
- When approaching the Warden of Whispers
- Warden of Whispers: "Thank Kormir you've come. The demons are ready to strike!"
- Master of Whispers (if present): "You men have done well to survive in this harsh realm. I commend you despite your apparent failure to locate and eliminate your targets. Enough talk. We must fight!"
- After defeating the waves
- Warden of Whispers: "I thought this day would be our last, yet we are victorious. I am speechless."
- Master of Whispers (if present): "Do not be surprised, brother. The Order of Whispers is a force to be reckoned with."
- Warden of Whispers
- "Thank you for your assistance, my friend. It seems our mission was "dhuumed" from the start. Heh. Well, the men thought it was funny. *cough* Anyway, we were unable to locate our targets, but we did find something else of interest: a great portal that the demons use to move between worlds."