From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Concise description
- Many Turtles and Kappas use this skill.
- The damage reduction is equal to the creature's level, e.g. all direct damage to level 23 Kappas will be reduced by 23.
- The reduction takes place after taking into account reductions due to the turtle's armor rating.
- The skill description does not include any activation or recharge time; it is possible that the skill recharges instantly, as turtles have been observed to re-enter the stance quickly.
- Turtle Shell, like other stances, can be removed by Wild Blow, Wild Strike, or Wild Throw (each of which will deal full damage, since the stance is removed first).
- Assassins may use ranks in Critical Strikes to reduce the effect of this stance.
- Repetitive, low damage attacks are ineffective, e.g. hammers are better suited than swords to counter the stance's effect.