Feedback:User/Quicksilver Switch-Blade/Ritualist Skill Overhaul
| Ritualist Skill Overhaul|
|Categories|| Skill feedback|
The Ritualist has always been one of my favorite professions, and after the buffs it received last year, it maintains that position, but that's not to say it doesn't have some things that definitely need fixing.
The main problem, is the attribute lines, many are spreadout synergy wise. Spirit's Strength builds are a good example, Weapon of Aggression is in Channeling and can only target you (a skill should also not be made for /Rt abuse, that's terrible design if that was the intent), so the synergy is there but the spread is terrible to use anything but channeling (which doesn't have many other useful skills than that). So there are a lot of skills that should be moved around, like such:
 Moved to Channeling Magic
- Anguished Was Lingwah
- Dulled Weapon
- Binding Chains
- Spiritleech Aura
- Signet of Ghostly Might
 Moved to Communing
- Wailing Weapon
- Warmonger's Weapon
- Grasping Was Kuurong
- Splinter Weapon
- Nightmare Weapon
- Brutal Weapon
- Splinter Weapon
- Weapon of Fury
- Weapon of Aggression
 Moved to Restoration
 Moved to Spawning Power
- Armor of Unfeeling
- Tranquil Was Tanasen
- Signet of Binding
- Ghostly Weapon
- Spirit Siphon
- Wielder's Boon
- Wielder's Strike
One problem many people bring up, is Spirit's Strength, which not only requires too much of an attribute spread to actually be powerful, its easily removed, and still doesn't quite fix the squishy-ness of the Rit (even if you have ghost forge insignia). So really, you would have two options, change it so its no longer a gimmick sort of skill, or make it a stronger skill and make it not so much a gimmick but a part of the Ritualist's Jack-of-all-Trades nature. Make it give you armor (and maybe IAS), and make Ghostly Weapon (I pick this, because I think if anything, the name and the fact that Guided Weapon already makes attacks unblockable, so why give the Rit two skills to do this) what Weapon of Mastery was supposed to be.
 Breakdown of Skill Suggestions
- Weapon of Fury and Weapon of Aggression - Never understood why Weapon of Fury was an Elite, and why Weapon of Aggression was design just for SS builds when it furthers the att spread even worse. The fix to both of these is easy, make Weapon of Fury give 33% IAS]], 10 1 10 and targetable for allies, and you have a decent support skill imo. Weapon of Aggression can have Fury's old stats, 5 1 8 and give melee more adrenaline and energy (though I do think the adrenaline bonus needs to be boosted to where it can give 100% bonus, considering there are better melee support options otherwise).
- Vocal Was Sogolon - A skill that is only useful if you have a certain secondary, and even then not so useful. So why not make it play on the old Dazed condition name. Give it some way to combat Daze or an easy way to remove it. That way it doesn't require a secondary to be useful, and the name still makes sense.
- Tranquil Was Tanasen - Not exactly sure on whether this would be useful or not, but it could be turned into the hex version of Pure was Li Ming, or a Vow of Silence]] esque skill, since the Rit has skills that aren't spells just like the Derv does, this could be handy.
- Signet of Binding - Not sure why it was changed since it did have some use (though it could've used a boost in recharge or affect all spirits like Creation did), but it could be changed into a signet like Signet of Spirits, 0 1 30 and creates 3 passive spirits which can fuel spells like Feast of Souls, Spirit to Flesh, or Rupture Soul and function as E-Management since it triggers Spirit Siphon and Boon of Creation just like SoS does.
- Consume Soul - As others have suggested, add some sort of energy steal to it as well, maybe make it like a Spirit Siphon if it was summoned, its a decent skill, but needs just a slight boost, preferably energy gain so you can decimate MM or Spirit Forest builds as well as keeping yourself good on energy and health. Fun to use in FA and JQ.
- Brutal Weapon - Like Sundering Weapon but with Deep Wound instead.
- Empowerment - 25 3 60 for PvP and 25 ¾ 60 , makes all allies gain 1 energy and a little health whenever they use a skill.
- Ghostly Haste - I'm not a fan of Rits and Enchantments, so personally I think this should be a stance and allow you to activate skills 33% faster.
- Renewing Memories - This has to limited of a requirement and effect to be useful. If this was like Ghostly Haste used to be, except affect all skills and make it a little easier to kept up (15r maybe) since it requires a spirit and compared to Serpent's Quickness, it is kinda weak.
- Nightmare Weapon - Just kind of an idea to change it from being just like all the other 3 attack weapon spells, maybe change it up, and make it act like a vamp mod for physicals, stealing 1..5 life without the -1 degen, and last for a short duration rather do all the life steal in 3 big packets.
- Xinrae's Weapon and Defiant Was Xinrae - DwX should be 10% as should Xinrae's Weapon, currently the Weapon is overshadows WoR, and DwX is weak for a self-protection elite (maybe make it 5% for DwX, not sure).
- Caretaker's Charge - I agree with Falconeye]]'s idea of making this instantly recharge if you are holding an item or bundle, and making the rest unconditional.
- Channeled Strike (Split for PvE) - Make PvE version armor ignoring, otherwise it's a huge waste of energy in later parts of PvE imo.
- Reclaim Essence - Just increase recharge to maybe 20 instead of 30, and it "could" have some interesting use of some sort, not sure what, but.....
- Gaze of Fury - Not a big fan of this as it's too conditional. Instead, make it like Gaze from Beyond, except make it cause Daze for a shorter duration (since Mesmer and Ele now both have a skill that causes Daze, though both elite).
- Essence Strike - Change this to an Enervating Charge look alike, deals more damage, and causes weakness if in earshot of a spirit.
- Renewing Surge - Like Essence Strike used to be, but add in the Glowing effect like the Ele has and like Astohan suggested.
- Clamor of Souls - Sucked before, sucks now. Make this a Hex to go along with AwL, and make it like IoP, causing Degen and Damage per second and heal if you aren't within earshot of a spirit when you cast it. 10 1 10 should be good for it.
- Binding Chains - Allow for scaled duration.
- Lamentation - Either revert this back so it can be used as a pure damage spell (make it more inline with channeled strike and wielder's strike though, or make it more on par with Signet of Sorrow]]) or make it a Blackout]] esque hex with a spirit or corpse in earshot requirement for the effect.
- Wanderlust and Earthbind - Change Wanderlust from an attacking spirit to passive, and make it knockdown all moving foes within earshot every 5-10 seconds. The recharge should be reduced, as should the damage that both take, just to see how they take as far as builds, because currently, Earthbind dies to fast to have any good use (though if Grasping was Kuurong was in Communing this could be different) and Wanderlust dies too fast and you can't control the targeting.
- Offering of Spirit - Increase health sacrifice to be more than OoB (33%), decrease cost to 1e, and increase gain to match that of OoB, keep the conditional though.
- Spirit Channeling - Change to make into a combination of Signet of Binding (old version) and Signet of Creation (old version), so it increases max health of summoned creatures, and gives them a lot of regen, but you suffer decrease max health (could use Deep Wound instead, or just give this skill a huge health sacrifice) and degen. Otherwise this skill and OoS are just going to continue to compete, which really shouldn't be happening.
- Energetic Was Lee Sa - Reduce cost and casting time, that's all this skill needs.
- Wailing Weapon - Like Talamare suggested, make it interrupt any skill but only last for so many interrupts or time, whichever comes first.
- Weapon of Renewal - Make it trigger on any skill, reduce energy gain a couple points, and make it trigger on a scale of 1-3 skills.
- Doom - Turn this into a spirit that either does AoE damage, exhaustion, or deep wound, but takes damage every attack.
- Weapon of Quickening - Cast time should be changed to 1s, and should affect activation time of skills as well.
- Mighty Was Vorizun - Increases your Maximum Health by a lot, increases armor by a lot more (like 40 at a reasonable att level if not more), and everything scales, duration should be set at around 45 seconds. Could also give just armor, and then give turn it into a mini attunement/aura of resto.
- Spirit Burn - Reduce recharge to 3 or 4, other than that, maybe increase the unconditional damage a little bit.
- Agony - Half the damage it takes for each trigger, otherwise this spirit remains meh.
- Mending Grip - Increase heal and make the condition removal scale up to 2.
- Weapon of Remedy - To bring it in line with Xinrae's, make it remove a hex as well as a condition.
- Ghostmirror Light - As Astohan suggested, should be made to be like Healing Ribbon. Maybe heal an extra person for each spirit in earshot (and increase cost to 10e)
- Ritual Lord - This skill is interesting now, but I think it should be more in line with Master of Magic and boost your attributes (or make them all 12) for a duration, not just your next skill; also it should retain making binding rituals recharge 33% faster.
- Soothing - Should be much cheaper or no allow any adrenaline gain at all (of course with a shorter duration).
- Signet of Creation - Not really any added help for E-Management, I would prefer it return to its old effect.
- Sight Beyond Sight - If Spirit's Strength doesn't get changed, to prevent abuse from /Rts, it should prevent skills from targeting you for a short time or be more spammable but only allow for some many canceled spells before it wears off.
- Draw Spirit - Summon Spirits without the heal, otherwise, I don't think I would ever consider bringing this skills, its easier just to wait for one to recharge if that's the case.
- Spiritleech Aura - Either just move it to channeling, or turn it into a hex similar to painful bond (just with life steal instead).
- Vampirism - While I like it, compared to other sunspear skills it seems lackluster, maybe make it affect all spirits so they all steal health and give it to you.
- Spirit's Strength - If not what I said before, this should be self-protection skill, much like Mystic Regeneration, giving Regen, armor, and an increase to your Maximum health or something like that. Or the old version could target an ally, so if they are under the effects of a weapon spell they do +damage.
- Ghostly Weapon - If not what was suggested above, again as Astohan suggested, I like the for a short duration an ally cannot hexed or enchanted (and lose all of each as soon as its cast on them as well or maybe not).