|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Captain Osric |
in Yak's Bend
|Followed by||Oswalt's Epitaph|
(Click to enlarge)
Make sure that all stragglers who got lost along the road from Ascalon make it safely back to Yak's Bend.
- Search the road to Ascalon for refugees.
- Lead the refugees to Yak's Bend.
- Return to Captain Osric [Skills] for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- 150 Gold
- Holy Rod
- War Hammer
The best method of doing this quest, would be to go from the Borlis Pass outpost, follow the road southeast, and lead the refugees back to Yaks Bend. Alternatively, start at Yaks Bend, therefore making it easier to protect the refugees on the way back.
Elsa Alston is the only refugee who is required to survive to complete the quest.
- Captain Osric
- "Our trek into the mountains is proving a dangerous affair, and we've hardly begun. A few of the families who set out with us from Ascalon did not make it here to Yak's Bend, but I have hope they may yet survive.
- I need someone to search along the road back to Ascalon and help out anyone who might be stranded. Are you up to the task?"
- Guard Markus
- "I'd start your search along the road to the southwest."
- Elsa Alston
- "Thank Dwayna, a friendly face! We've been lost in these mountains for days, dodging hydras and now these savage Dwarves. We are not soldiers. We cannot fight."
- Captain Osric
- "We will see to it that the Alstons have food, clothes, and shelter. Prince Rurik charged me with ensuring that those who wish to make the passage to Kryta have a chance to do so safely, and I mean to do it...with the help of courageous Ascalonians like yourself, of course."
- The Ascalon Refugees will shout "Look out! It's the Dwarves" and "Please protect us!" when you engage any mob, even if they aren't Dwarves. They will also attack, despite Elsa Alston's claim not to be fighters.
- The refugees will continue to follow you and fight after leading them to Yak's Bend.
- The refugees may be dead by the time you arrive, forcing you to restart the trip to them again.