User:Tennessee Ernie Ford/Price checks/How much are zoins worth
 How much are zoins worth?
- Copper Zoins are worth 4-23, depending on what you choose to purchase with them. This translates to 200–1150/.
- Silvers trade for 2 .
 Determining value
|Title points||4.5||0.2||A Sparkler costs 20 and 10 or trades in Kamadan for a mere 100, i.e. 90 of net-value.|
|Zaishen Keys||9.5||0.6||These cost 1 (i.e. 500 and 250) and sell for 5–5 500 .|
|Equipment Packs||17–23||0.9–1.2||It can be difficult to find buyers at premium prices.|
|Elite Ritualist tomes||19–23||1.0–1.2||Usually a quick sale at 10-12.|
|Gold zoins||24||1.2–1.5||These trade for 2 which are fetching about 6–7 500 currently.|
|Silvers||39.8||1.5–2||These trade at 1.5–2 .|
 Imperfect markets
The current supply of zoins falls far short of the demand:
- The demand for gold zoins is driven by interest in Envoy Weapons.
- The demand for silvers is primarily due to primary PvP-players wanting to unlock skins.
This creates an interesting anomaly, in which you can convert a zaishen key-equivalent into 4 z-keys: start with 500 zoins:
- Convert them into a single gold-zoin, which trades into a single z-key or
- Convert into 10 silvers, which sell for 20 and use that to buy 4 z-keys (which trade at 5 each).
 Tradeable zoins
The tradeability of zoins hasn't seemed to have affected the price for items that can only be acquired through them, e.g. the WTB/WTS prices for Heavy Equipment Packs are still ~110–150.
- Imputed values: see below (the price you can get for an item divided by the number of zoins needed).
- Trade prices: observed in GToB or reported to me in-game as confirmed (and repeatable) prices.
- Observed prices: usually within the last 7-14 days. (I only update the trade prices if I see multiple offers or can otherwise confirm that people are actually trading at those numbers.
In other words, just because someone asks for 3/ doesn't mean they have any hope of getting that price...and even if they do, that doesn't mean it's a common value for trades.)
 Related volatility
Zkeys and ectos have dropped substantially in value. That could be because people are sinking more money into PvP unlocks (and less into trading for rare skins). Zkeys have also become much easier to obtain since the introduction of Imperial Faction. It could also be that ecto-farmers have found more efficient means of production and that the supply is outstripping the demand. Probably a combination of above:
- Zkeys are trading at WTB/WTS 5–5.5, compared to 5.5–7.5 when zoins were made tradeable.
- Ectos at the NPC are WTB/WTS 7.0–9.5, versus 7.5–8.5, when zoins werem made tradeable.
Other notes: despite there being four types of strongboxes — each with different content — people are still offering WTB/WTS prices on strongboxes.
 Other points of comparison
Rule of thumb: don't change your priorities just for a Z-quest. The financial rewards are good, but you can often make more money farming directly. For VQs, the faction rewards are also luke-warm compared to farming. However, for dungeons, the reputation bonus is substantial.
|Target||Non-Zaishen cash||Zaishen cash||Effective value (zkeys)||Effective value (silvers)|
|Vulture Drifts VQ||1170||1500||4095 (350%)||8670 (740%)|
|Murakai bounty, AKA Cathedral of Flames||1500||1500||4330 (287%)||8600 (573%)|
- See also: Original table, before the 2 June 2011 update that changed zoin conversion ratios and made them tradeable.
|Implied value||Costs||Imputed||Trade Data & Source|
|Copper items (Tesla)|
|Silver Zaishen Coin||37.3||10||50||10||50||1500||2250||1875||Silver Zaishen Coin (@ 1.5-2.5 ea)|
|Champagne Popper||4.5||10||20||10||20||100||100 per title point|
|Sparkler||4.5||10||20||10||20||100||100 per title point|
|Bottle Rocket||4.5||10||20||10||20||100||100 per title point|
|Crème Brûlée||5.8||10||50||10||50||300||100 per title point|
|Flask of Firewater||5.8||10||50||10||50||300||100 per title point, alk discounted|
|Superior Identification Kit||5.2||10||70||10||70||500||250||375||merch prices|
|Crate of Fireworks||5.8||10||50||10||50||300||trade channel, auctions|
|Scroll of Adventurer's Insight||5.6||10||25||10||25||200||100||150||merch prices|
|Scroll of Rampager's Insight||5.9||10||30||10||30||250||125||188||merch prices|
|Scroll of Hunter's Insight||6.1||10||35||10||35||300||150||225||merch prices|
|Passage Scroll to the Deep||9.3||10||15||10||15||200||100||150||merch prices|
|Passage Scroll to Urgoz's Warren||9.3||10||15||10||15||200||100||150||merch prices|
|Silver items (Pokhe)|
|Gold Zaishen Coin||27.7||50||10||150||500||7000||14000||14000||Gold Zaishen Coin (@1-2 ea)|
|Small Equipment Pack||7.1||50||5||100||250||2500||1250||1875||merch prices|
|Zaishen Tonic||5.8||50||1||60||50||350||trade channel, auctions|
|Flame of Balthazar||11.3||50||2||70||100||1200||5k B-faction = 1 z-keys = 5 FoBs|
|Superior Salvage Kit||5.6||50||5||100||250||2000||1000||1500||merch prices|
|Perfect Salvage Kit||4.5||50||3||80||150||750||250 gp + 25 wood, 25 iron, 1 skill point|
|Zaishen Summoning Stone||1.1||50||3||80||150||250||probably not tradeable|
|Passage Scroll to the Underworld||4.5||50||3||80||150||1000||500||750||merch prices|
|Passage Scroll to the Fissure of Woe||4.5||50||3||80||150||1000||500||750||merch prices|
|Scroll of Slayer's Insight||15.8||50||1||60||50||1300||400||850||merch prices|
|Scroll of Berserker's Insight||13.8||50||1||60||50||1100||400||750||merch prices|
|Scroll of Hero's Insight||15.8||50||1||60||50||1200||500||850||merch prices|
|Tome (Normal - Min)||0.8||50||1||60||50||100||Gwauctions.org|
|Tome (Normal - Max)||14.8||50||1||60||50||800||Gwauctions.org|
|Gold items (Jessie Llam)|
|Zaishen Key||11.5||100||1||250||500||6000||trade channel, auctions|
|Light Equipment Pack||23.5||100||1||250||500||11000||13000||12000||7-15k/ea (3/21/11 instasale @12k)|
|Large Equipment Pack||17.7||100||5||850||2500||40000||50000||45000||~35-50k (3/21/11 instasale @40k) (5/17/11 slow sale at 43k)|
|Heavy Equipment Pack||17.2||100||15||2350||7500||112500||150000||131250||trade channel, auctions: WTS 17-25e|
|Tome (Elite - Min)||7.5||100||1||250||500||4000||Gwauctions.org|
|Tome (Elite - Max)||23.5||100||1||250||500||12000||Gwauctions.org|
|Envoy Weapon (Low demand)||100||100||15000||50000|
|Envoy Weapon (High demand)||100||100||15000||50000|
|Everlasting Crate of Fireworks||4.5||100||50||7600||25000||120000||Gwauctions.org|
Bad deals Fair deals Good deals Best deals
- Implied Trade Cu: The implied/imputed gold value of a zoin in /; see below.
- Costs The in-game cost of an item in gold, zoin, silver zoin, and gold zoin respectively.
- Imputed [gp], [cu]: The in-game cost of silver and gold zoin items, converted into imputed gold and zoin costs. (A Lockpick costs 2 and 50, which is the same as (2*50 + 2*10) + 50 = 100 + 70.)
- Trade data & source: The trade price is halfway between the WTB and WTS prices.
- Where possible, merchant (NPC) prices are used.
- Otherwise, the primary sources are GW Auctions, The Estimator, and my own observations or purchases.
- Ecto conversion values are 7500/ecto (as noted), even though the price fluctuates considerably. (Generally the e-value of an item takes 3-4 months to adjust to changes in ecto prices; when the commodity is volatile, they do not go up and down.)
- Sweets, Alcohol, and Party items use 100/point, which is considered the baseline for fair prices.
- Flames of Balthazar have slightly worse gold/zoin values than Zaishen Keys because the transaction costs are slightly higher (350 instead of just 250 when converting to zkeys).