User:Tennessee Ernie Ford/Shortcuts/IotW Predictions
 Item of the Week Predictions
 Using this article to farm
Prediction: Nick will ask for the same items as he did originally; only the order will be scrambled.
(The fact that he requested Mandragor Root Cake suggests that ANet didn't bother to alter the most annoying-to-farm requests.)
- Save the items (and quantities) found on the Remaining Locations article or on Kanda's similar guide.
- If you don't have 100+ slots available, focus on hard-to-farm items (listed below); save room by tossing easily-found items (e.g. Charr Carvings).
Nick has started a new cycle.
- His 138th request was the same as his first, but his dialogue suggested changes.
- 22 of 22 requests in the new cycle are exact matches (or near enough) to those in the first cycle: same coordinates, item/count, and dialogue. (The sole exception is the first week's request, which included notably different dialogue.)
 Recent activity
- Current week of current cycle: 22
- Number of weeks matching an original request: 22
- Number of times Nick has differed from the original cycle: 0 (Specifically: altered request or location; does not include minor changes to dialogue or Nick's orientation.)
 Variations from original cycle
- 30 Jan 2012: Mantid Pincers — moved to a more sensible location than original.
- 9 Jan 2012: Azure Remains — minor dialogue change
- 5 Dec 2011: Red Iris Flowers — Major dialogue change only (befitting the resetting of the cycle).
 Most annoying
These requests are remembered as being among the most annoying (not counting any rare materials).
# Item Campaign Region Area Notes Map 1 Bottle of Vabbian Wine Nightfall Vabbi Vehtendi Valley 1 Chromatic Scale Eye of the North Far Shiverpeaks Ice Cliff Chasms in Gwen's garden 1 Diamond Djinn Essence Nightfall Vabbi The Hidden City of Ahdashim 1 Dragon Root Factions Echovald Forest Drazach Thicket 1 Geode Nightfall Vabbi Yatendi Canyons 1 Guardian Moss Factions The Jade Sea Maishang Hills west of Eredon Terrace 1 Keen Oni Talon Factions The Jade Sea Silent Surf 1 Pillaged Goods Nightfall Vabbi Holdings of Chokhin 1 Roaring Ether Heart Nightfall Vabbi The Mirror of Lyss 1 Ruby Djinn Essence Nightfall The Desolation The Alkali Pan 1 Sapphire Djinn Essence Nightfall Vabbi Resplendent Makuun next to Bokka Amphitheatre 1 Sentient Lodestone Nightfall Kourna Bahdok Caverns 1 Skull Juju Factions Echovald Forest The Eternal Grove (explorable area) 1 Truffle Factions Echovald Forest Morostav Trail 1 Water Djinn Essence Nightfall The Desolation Turai's Procession in the west 2 Cobalt Talons Nightfall Vabbi Vehjin Mines 2 Roaring Ether Claws Nightfall Vabbi Garden of Seborhin 2 Rot Wallow Tusks Factions Kaineng City Pongmei Valley near The Afflicted Hakaru 2 Sentient Spores Nightfall Kourna Sunward Marches 3 Black Pearls Factions The Jade Sea Archipelagos 3 5 Bog Skale Fins 5 per Herring Prophecies Kryta Scoundrel's Rise [Twin Serpent Lakes] 3 Bolts of Linen Prophecies Northern Shiverpeaks Traveler's Vale next to Iron Horse Mine 3 Branches of Juni Berries Factions Kaineng City Bukdek Byway next to Marketplace 3 Skree Wings Nightfall Vabbi Forum Highlands 3 Soul Stones Factions Kaineng City Raisu Palace (explorable area) 5 Forgotten Trinket Boxes Factions Shing Jea Island Minister Cho's Estate (explorable area) in the east
 Patterns from the original cycle
 Acquisition patterns
|5||0|| Items exchanged for a trophy |
(Bowl of Skalefin Soup, Drake Kabob, Herring, Mandragor Root Cake, Pahnai Salad)
(Includes rare materials)
|1||8|| Avail via NPC. (Rare mats are classified as non-local since they could not be reliably farmed in-zone, except for Amber.) |
(Dwarven Ale was not available in the the local zone.)
|6||Salvage item||6||0|| (Charr Hide, Luminous Stone, Roaring Ether Heart, Maguuma Spider Web, Pillaged Goods)|
(Bottle of Vabbian Wine, farmed locally; labeled as Salvage item instead of derivative b/c it can be farmed directly.)
|1||Quest item||0||1||(Branch of Juni Berries is not available in Factions)|
|116||Trophy||111||5||(Non-locals: Red Iris Flower, Chromatic Scale, Gloom Seed, Phantom Residue; counting Enslavement Stone as foreign since it cannot be farmed in Nick's zone.)|
|137||Totals||123||14||Non-local items cannot be farmed in Nick's location. They include: 5 trophies, all but 2 items from NPCs, the only quest item, and Red Iris Flowers.|
- Local trophies account for 80.9% of all requests.
- 89.8% of items are found in Nick's zone (although not always the best place to farm).
- 84.6% of items are trophies.
 Nick's patterns
- Nick seems interested in hatching a Black Moa Chick: He has asked for the Juni Berry branch, skree wings (for nesting material), Bog Skale Fins & Herring, and Spiritwood. (He himself has a plentiful collection of honeycombs.) That leaves only Moa Eggs (hardened or not), Volcanic Rock, and Steel. He also requested Enslavement Stones, which might be useful in convincing the Dredge to help him safely navigate Sorrow's Furnace.
- He asked for half of the Canthan New Years banquet ingredients (Nick requested 11 of the 22 possibles: Alpine Seed, Azure Crest, Azure Remains, Celestial Essence, Dragon Root, Guardian Moss, Icy Lodestone, Kraken Eye, Naga Hide, Tangled Seed, and Truffle).
- He has some special hatred for Djinni (or love for their drops), having collected Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, and Water Djinn Essence. (Somehow Immolated Djinn were spared.)
- He loves feathery items (Feathered Avicara Scalps, Feathered Caromi Scalps, plain ol' Feathered Scalps, Frosted Griffon Wings, and Skree Wings), although he didn't choose Iridescent Griffon Wings, Feathered Crests, or Fledgling Skree Wings .
 See also
 Thank yous
- User:Kanda, who was the first to provide a useful model for suggesting what to store.
- User:Chieftain Alex, who pointed out (and often corrected) terrible typos and errors caused when I copied from Excel to Wiki.
- User:Leviticus Lo, who refactored the presentation after Nick started collected Bog Skale Fins, even though he had already collected its derivative.
- ZeeWabbit for figuring out how Nick might convince the Dredge to help.
- Gaudy Gourd God for pointing out that Nick didn't choose Feathered Crests.
- Various anonymous contributors for comments and keeping my data up-to-date.
 Permission to edit