|Campaigns|| Prophecies |
Eye of the North
In his youth he was a proud warrior who fought against humans, however over time he grew to abhor the violence that engulfed the two species. He eventually set up a camp beneath the largest Stonewood tree in the arid tops of the Maguuma Jungle. However, in 1072 AE, violence once more engulfed his home in the form of the Krytan civil war. To escape the conflict, Ventari fled south, to the Tarnished Coast, where he befriended a human named Ronan, with whom he planted the Pale Tree and founded a sanctuary of peace for all races seeking it.
- Eye of the North
Quests involved in:
- Maguuma Jungle
- In Ventari's Refuge
- "There was a time, once, when humans and Centaurs lived in peace. But that was long, long ago. I'm afraid I will not live to see such a time come again to Tyria."
- "What brings you to my dell, friend?"
- In Arbor Bay
- "The outside world is a violent place, where the seeds of chaos are sown with innocent tears. The only peace to be found is within the self. Forging the path of serenity from the mind to the heart is more difficult than any battle fought with steel."
- "What is this place?"
- "This place is home and haven. As bloodshed cast its shadow , we shelter beneath this place of solace, to live life as it was meant to be, in harmony and unity, regardless of race or caste. All are welcome."
- "What can you tell me about this tree?"
- "It is miraculous! To believe that all of this began as a seed that Ronan gave me.... He is an old acquaintance, one of the soldiers who fought the White Mantle who slaughtered my people. Those battles cost him his wife and daughter. In his grief, he threw down his weapon. Perhaps he was looking for escape, or a place to die, to end his suffering. There he lay a broken man, and in that moment he found the seed that would become all of this."
- "How did you come here?"
- "I had a home once, before this one, where I attempted to reconcile the differences between your people and my own. But Centaurs are a proud race, fiery with passion and conviction. They would not see humans as their equals. Against the odds, they fought. The humans rose to crush them. War consumed those lands...and my home with it. I made my way here to start anew."
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Ventari.|