Douse Your Enthusiasm
|Douse Your Enthusiasm|
|Section||Festival Event Quests|
|Event||Canthan New Year|
|Given by||Elder Nofuun |
in Plains of Jarin
(Click to enlarge)
Be a mean old fun killer and soak a child's fireworks in water!
- Travel to Fehj's village in Zehlon Reach and acquire a jug of water.
- Drop the jug of water near Fehj's fireworks to "disarm" them.
- See Elder Nofuun for your reward.
Wait for the dialogue between Elder Nofuun and Fehj to complete and take the quest from Elder Nofuun when it becomes available.
Run to Fehj's village in the northwest corner of Zehlon Reach from either The Astralarium (head west) or Jokanur Diggings (due north). Once there, pick up the Jug of Water, carry it to Fehj (who is standing nearby); drop the bundle at his feet to douse the boy's fireworks. Map travel to the Sunspear Great Hall, and enter Plains of Jarin to collect your reward from Elder Nofuun.
- Plains of Jarin
- Zehlon Reach
- Elder Nofuun: "Hey! You lousy kid! Stop running around with that sparkler. You will burn down the town!"
- Fehj: "You can't tell me what to do, old man. You're not my father."
- Elder Nofuun: "I know your father, you little ragamuffin. He was always getting into trouble, too."
- Fehj: "Yeah? My dad says you're an old stick in the mud, Elder "No Fun.""
- Elder Nofuun: "You show some respect for your elders, boy."
- Fehj: "No fun. No fun. The elder always has no fun! Nah nah. Can't catch me!"
- Elder Nofuun: "You petulant little ringworm. Get out of my sight before I curse your whole clan!"
- "That Fehj really lights my fuse, but my anger is not misguided. My son burned down his favorite tent when he was about Fehj's age. Threw his spark stick into the air and it landed right on the tent. Foomp. Gone. He was lucky nobody was inside. I need to teach Fehj a lesson. Will you help me?
- Fehj keeps his stash of festival fireworks back at the village. Go to the Zehlon Reach and destroy his cache before he burns down the whole place. And if that bugger happens to get hit with stagnant swamp water in the process consider it acceptable "collateral damage.""
- "Hey! What the...? Did Elder Nofuun put you up to this? That wrinkled old coot! I'm gonna tell my dad. You tell Nofuun that this doesn't end here!"
- "Ha! I wish I could have seen the look on that little grub lance's face when you doused his precious fireworks. Maybe now he will think twice before running around here with those blasted sparking sticks. Here take this and help me celebrate our victory over the scourge of youth."
- Mutually exclusive with A Burning Desire. If a party member has A Burning Desire active, the Jug of Water will not appear and this quest cannot be completed.