Escape from the Torment
|Escape from the Torment|
|Section||Realm of Torment Quests|
|Given by|| Kaelen |
in Gate of Secrets
(Realm of Torment)
|Followed by||Blueprint of the Fall|
(Click to enlarge)
- Seek out Terick in the Domain of Secrets.
- Escort Terick through the Domain of Secrets and search for a means of escape.
- Defeat Abaddon's forces!
- See Kaelen for your reward.
Start from the Gate of Secrets and meet Terick just outside the portal. After talking to Terick, your quest pointer will update and direct the party to a point due west of the Gate of Secrets. You will need to escort Terick along the way. Terick remains friendly, but does not join your party as an ally so he appears to be in no danger of attack from creatures along the way.
On reaching the quest point, Terick taunts the party about their impending death, and a group of Margonites spawn around the party, while Terick runs off to the south. Defeating the Margonites will complete this quest. Your character must live for the quest to be completed. If you cannot hold your own and survive, send your heroes in and direct their attacks from afar.
- 20 Terick
- 24 (26) Margonite Executioner
- 24 (26) Margonite Warlock
- 24 (26) Margonite Seer
- 24 (26) Margonite Sorcerer
- 24 (26) Margonite Ascendant
- 24 (26) Margonite Reaper
- "Could you be the ones they speak of in whispers? They say since you've arrived, things have begun to change. My comrades and I have been stranded here since Orr was attacked by the Charr. How long has it been since then? No, don't tell me...I don't want to know."
- "Terick is convinced that your presence will finally free us from this realm, but he needs your help. Will you meet with him."
- Terick: "Are you the ones? Yes...yes, I can see it in your eyes. I felt a change in the air the moment you arrived. In a realm such as this, where every day is torture, it is easy to sense. You will be the key that opens the door to our freedom, our peace. Have not the people of Orr suffered enough? Let me show you, it lies just ahead...."
- Terick: "I'd like to thank you for bringing me this far. I admit I was skeptical you would be so willingly led to your own deaths, but your generosity is your downfall. Your presence here is an affront to my lord, Abaddon! Just as simply as I used that foolish Vizier to wipe Orr from this world, I will use this vessel to eliminate you!"
- Terick: "I leave you to savor your fate. Enjoy your last moments, fool. The next thing you feel will be insufferable pain. Think of it as my gift to you."
- "I can't believe these things you've told me. I've seen men twisted by these lands, and it is true that Terick had been acting different as of late. But I can't believe he could be responsible for such an unspeakable crime. He was a good man. There must be something more to this."
- You may consider doing this quest at the same time as All Alone in the Darkness, which takes place in the same area and follows a similar route.