Guild:Team Asshat (historical)
|This page is about a historical player guild.
This page is a player-managed entry on a guild that has now faded into obscurity through inactivity.
For reference of leaders of this guild, it is strongly suggested that you save a history of any edits you've made under the most recent page under "Edit History" here.
Team Asshat [Hat]
|Team Asshat [Hat]|
|No. of members||~35|
|Guild Hall||Wizard's Isle|
|Webpage||Grenth's Reject's Alliance forums|
Team Asshat was created on Feb. 24th, 2007 by Sirix Leai and Alex Morningstar when they and around thirty others members defected from a large guild (80+ members, at the time) called Reigen Akki [Akki] due to upper management issues.
This split included most of if not all the active members and all but one of Reigen Akki's officers at the time. This resulted in a very stable membership base of roughly 30 members for Team Asshat, and the only people that usually leave the guild are members recruited after the initial transfer period between the two guilds.
This 'core' group of guildies have largely been playing together for over a year. It was decided a while ago that a guild size of 50-60 would most likely be the max target number, as once a guild gets much bigger than that, it gets impersonal and officers generally have to be more strict.
The age range of members range from 16 to mid-40's. Most players have been playing for 1-2 years, though we gladly accept newer players, our target age is late teens to late 20s.
March 22nd, 2008, it was decided that [Hat] needed to go home, so they joined [GR]'s alliance, formerly the [Akki] alliance.
This is a guild for the casual player. We are young adults and have been gaming for a long period of time, even if that time in Guild Wars varies. We have lives, therefore do not expect anyone to be more hardcore than they already are for being in Team Asshat.
Our only set in stone rule: Do not cause drama. Disagreements, fine. Debates, cool. Differences of opinion, they happen. If you cause drama I will tell you to cease and desist. If that fails, you are gone.
Basics of being an Asshat:
- Being quick of wit and sharp of mind for when fellow guildies taunt you.
- Must have a sense of humor. Mainly because of the above note.
- Knowing when and when not deviant behavior is acceptable when out and about as a guild. Example: Aggro-whoring. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not.
- An open mind, we experiment a lot with builds, party composition. The idea is with the right group, any class can do any function a player desires.
- A desire to have fun.
- Laid back attitude. Sometimes missions are long, the drops are shitty, and the pugs are retarded. Try and have fun anyway, and if that is impossible, keep it to yourself.
- If you want to sell to a guildie, do it at a discount or not at all.
- Every member shall have the chance to acquire a Battlepick, the most epic of all weapons.
We are going to be in GW2, as Team Asshat.
Guild Activies are many and varied in Team Asshat, which supports an independent or group play style, as the guild prefers. Sometimes people want to play by themselves when they log in, sometimes people want to play with guildies. Both are acceptable. Many of our active members have all three Guild Wars campaigns, however, this is not a requirement but an advantage. The guild is going to start pushing to be a gaming clan for various games, not just guild wars.
Some of the group based activities are:
- Announced missions/long quests on guild chat and/or alliance chat.
- Fissure of Woe
- The Underworld
- Hard Mode Missions
- Tombs of Primeval Kings
- The Deep
Occasional PvP outings do occur, but this is generally as there is interest. Usually it is AB.
There are no rules such as faction farming, gold contribution, etc. The only thing expected is to treat fellow guild members with courtesy.
- Inactivity with no notice past a month will get you booted. This is waived however if you inform someone you will be gone for an extended period of time. Granted, this is if your excuse isn't something stupid like "I'm going to be playing WoW."
- No Scamming.
- No Spamming local, guild or alliance chat.
- If you are kicked from Team Asshat or an allying guild, you will not be admitted for membership in Team Asshat or any of it's allying guilds.
- No Drama, see Ideals. If you want to fight with someone, do it where no one can see you.
- No Mooching.
Membership is open via the following methods:
- Member Invitation, officer meets an individual and said individual shows interest and the officer thinks they would be a good fit. A friend of a guildie generally. Friends/Family of members are promoted upon joining.
- Secondary accounts belonging to friends of the guild that do not want to leave their original guild for various reasons, as long as they are active.
Senior Officers: Echo Rage, Devona Katar, Back Stabbery, Overlord Foss, Rhiannon Ukemochi
Currently the known active users of this guild on wiki are: Back Stabbery and Overlord Foss.
Team Asshat is lead by it's people. Everyone is an officer and has say in what goes on in the guild. Problems in the guild which are rare, are dealt with in public where everyone can see. Problems are dealt with as they arise, promptly.
The edit history section consists of detailed edit information for the leaders/senior officers of the guild to review.
|Grenths Rejects Alliance|
|Members||Aequitas Deis • Brotherhood Of Ascension • Demon Mode • Legendary Masters Of The North • Reigen Akki • Team Asshat • Twenty Gold For Mountain Troll|