|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by||Rangil Ironbow |
in Traveler's Vale
|Preceded by||Helping the Dwarves|
|Followed by||Minaar's Worry|
(Click to enlarge)
- Find Minaar Stonesledge in Iron Horse Mine.
- Escort Minaar back to Traveler's Vale.
- Return to Rangil Ironbow for your reward.
- 500 Experience
- Tall Shield
- Grim Cesta
Once you obtain the quest, go into the Iron Horse Mine and turn right. Follow the quest marker to Minaar Stonesledge and try not to lure too many mobs at once – the Summit Beastmasters use Giant Stomp which knocks down anyone within earshot range. Once you arrive at Minaar, lead him back to the portal but do not enter it. Wait for the quest to update and then go through to see Rangil for your reward. Alternatively, clearing the path from the portal to Minaar of enemies before interacting with him will remove all risks of him dying.
- 10 (20) Minaar Stonesledge
- Rangil Ironbow
- "The Stone Summit have taken a good friend o' mine prisoner. His name is Minaar Stonesledge. I've tracked 'em to the Iron Horse Mines, just west o' here. They mean to work him to death, like all the others. But I won't let it happen! There's a bit o' a problem, though. I don't think I can rescue him meself. Think you can get him out of there?"
- Accept: "I'll get him back in one piece."
- Decline: "I'm sorry for your loss."
- Ask: "Even now Minaar is slaving in the mine under the whip o' them Stone Summit. Time is o' the essence. Those from Iron horse[sic] are quite a hearty folk, but Minaar can only last so long under those conditions. He's a proud Dwarf, he is, and he'd rather take is own life than live as a slave. I fear for him, friend. Please get ye to the Iron Horse Mine and get him out o' there!"
- Minaar Stonesledge
- "Ye don't look like one of those Stone Summit Brutes. What are ye doing here?"
- Rangil sent me to get you out of here.
- "Rangil sent you? I thought that hairy Dolyak left me out here to freeze. Well then, the sooner we leave, the sooner we can get some warm ale. Rangil owes me a tankard or two!"
When approaching the portal to Traveler's Vale:
- Minaar Stonesledge: "I owe you my life, friend. Thank you."
- Rangil Ironbow
- "Minaar came to see me. Said ye rescued him and I thank ye for that. He didn't stick around for long though. I think he's had his fill o' Stone Summit territory, if ye know what I mean."
- Despite the quest tracker indicating you should zone into Traveler's Vale to continue the quest, doing so before triggering Minaar's dialogue will revert the quest to finding him in Iron Horse Mines.
- Minaar is not actually found in the mine, but rather the Ettin cave east of it.