Polymock: Defeat Blarp
|Polymock: Defeat Blarp|
|Section||Tarnished Coast Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by||Hoff |
in Rata Sum
|Preceded by||Polymock: Defeat Plurgg|
|Followed by||Polymock: Defeat Fonk|
Defeat your third opponent in your quest to learn polymock.
- Defeat Blarp in a game of Polymock at Gadd's Encampment.
- See Hoff [Polymock Master] for your reward.
Blarp's pieces and their unique skills are as follows:
- Earth Elemental: Polymock Stone Daggers, Polymock Obsidian Flame, Polymock Earthquake
- Ice Elemental: Polymock Ice Spear, Polymock Frozen Armor, Polymock Glyph Freeze
- Fire Elemental: Polymock Flare, Polymock Fireball, Polymock Rodgort's Invocation
The following pieces are good counters:
- Kappa Polymock piece vs. Earth Elemental Polymock piece
- Fire Imp Polymock piece vs. Ice Elemental Polymock piece
- Skale Polymock piece vs. Fire Elemental Polymock piece
An alternate piece lineup is:
- Skale Polymock piece vs. Earth Elemental Polymock piece
- Gargoyle Polymock piece vs. Ice Elemental Polymock piece
- Kappa Polymock piece vs. Fire Elemental Polymock piece
Blarp can be quite difficult to defeat as he uses three Uncommon pieces (and you're likely to only have one, the Kappa). Be sure to Block/Drain the two most important skills of each piece. The latter is more powerful.
These are the skills to watch out for:
- Earth Elemental: Earthquake (650 damage, 6 , 1 , 20 ), Obsidian flame (800 damage, 6 , 1 , 20 )
- Ice Elemental: Frozen Armor (+1000 Health for 30 seconds, 2 , 2 , 20 ), Glyph Freeze (600 damage, 6 , 1 , 20
- Fire Elemental: Fireball (800 damage, 6, 1, 20), Rodgort's Invocation (200 damage, 10 degeneration for 15 seconds, 2, 2, 20)
Keep in mind that by strafing (walking from side to side) you can avoid getting hit by projectiles such as Polymock Stone Daggers, Ice Spear, Flare and Fireball.
- You've learned the basics of Polymock, but you still need to practice the fine art of Polymock piece selection before you can challenge a true master. The intricacies of each choice are more challenging than that game you humans play. What do you call it? Ah, yes. Igneous, Papyrus, Shears. To test your selection prowess, I've lined up a match against Blarp. He has mastered the use of the elemental Polymock pieces. You'll need to overcome all three elements he employs to prove victorious.
- Even Blarp proved no match for you? I wish I could have seen the game. Move, counter-move. A game of Polymock is the epitome of cerebral excitement. Ah, well. Perhaps next time. I believe you are ready for some harder opponents. If you'd like to take on some Polymock professionals, let me know. I can line up a number of games for you with major players, Asuran and otherwise.