Servants of Grenth
|Servants of Grenth|
|Section||The Underworld Quests|
|Given by||Reaper of the Ice Wastes |
in Ice Wastes
|Preceded by||Clear the Chamber|
(Click to enlarge)
- Defend King Frozenwind while he summons new Ice Elementals.
- Protect the Reaper of Ice.
- Return to the Reaper of the Ice Wastes for your reward.
- 10,000 Experience
Once this quest is activated, groups of enemies will start spawning northeast. Each wave consists of separate groups of two yellow Terrorweb Dryders, one or two silver Terrorweb Dryders, and one Skeleton of Dhuum. One group will head towards King Frozenwind, while the other heads toward the Reaper of the Ice Wastes (see the map). A total of three waves will spawn within a short span of time. King Frozenwind has four level 28 Ice Elementals to assist him, but they will fall quickly to the fire spells of the dryders. You must protect both King Frozenwind and the Reaper. If either of them dies, your party is taken back to the outpost from which you entered the Underworld. You can either split your team into two groups which take one group of foes at a time or you can take all foes as a whole group if you aggro them at their spawn-point. Note that the following waves spawn quickly, so you will need to take them down quickly.
- King Frozenwind and his allies can take down a group of 4 Terrorweb Dryders, thanks to his Ward Against Harm. This can lighten the load on your team if you position yourselves to primarily defend the Reaper, who is practically defenseless.
- 28 (30) Skeleton of Dhuum
- Reaper of the Ice Wastes
- "The ranks of the ice elementals which serve as Grenth's palace guard have been depleted by this latest attack by the Terrorwebs. I will call for King Frozenwind to summon a new defensive force. You are needed to protect King Frozenwind during his ritual, and to ensure that the Terrorwebs do not use this opportunity to strike at me once again."
- Accept: "You can count on me."
- Decline: "I have my own troubles."
- Ask: "Once the Ice King has successfully completed his rituals, the Hall of Judgment will be safe once again. Until that time, you must defend us."
- Reaper of the Ice Wastes
- "You have done well. This new horde of Ice Elementals will keep the Hall of Judgment safe."
- Consider bringing Winter to convert the Dryder's fire damage to cold damage, against which the Ice Elementals have a higher resistance.
- If capturing a spider from this location, it should be noted that the spider spawns and the quest is completed after the first wave is destroyed, even though more waves will continue to come.
- Due to the rapid spawn times of the Dryders, the fact that they are spawned in separate places, and they spawn with Skeletons of Dhuum this quest is now considered the hardest of The Underworld.