From Guild Wars Wiki
Quests involved in:
- "This is no place for the weak or timid. What is your business here?"
- I'm with the Vanguard, here to defend Ascalon
- "Well then, I'd say welcome to the Wall...
- "But this place doesn't welcome anyone."
- Tell me more about the Wall.
- "Surely you've heard of the Great Northern Wall. It's only the largest defensive structure built by humans in all of Tyria."
- When was it built?
- "The original construction started in the year 898 AE. The first phase was complete nearly one hundred years later, but every king who has ruled Ascalon since has added to it. It's sort of a living structure, getting bigger and more massive with each passing monarch
- "It was built to keep out the Charr, of course. The beasts from the north have plagued these lands for centuries. If we'd only known they had such powerful magic, maybe we would have been able to avert the Searing, and Ascalon would be whole and healthy today. But we didn't, and there is no sense in dwelling on what could have been, right?"
- What recent news of the Charr?
- "Hardly a day goes by in which the beasts don't assault the soldiers stationed on the Wall. Today, though, all has been quiet, and everyone is on edge.
- "Captain Calhaan believes that the Charr are planning another large raid. This quiet is just the calm before the storm. Though the Wall is strong, it likely won't be enough to hold back a mass invasion. Calhaan has been asking for volunteers to scout out beyond the Wall to find out what the beasts are up to."
- What must I do?
- "It's good to see that bravery lives on in the heart of at least on Ascalon! Click "Enter Mission" and report to Captain Calhaan. He'll give you your orders."
- I'm on my way.
- "Good luck, friend. Come back safely."
- "It was here that the Charr attacked the Great Northern Wall and began to push forth into the lands of Ascalon. The wall, built in 898 AE, was established to keep the Charr out of the lands of men. For weeks on end, Charr units engaged the Ascalonians defending the wall, seeking to break through the massive defenses. One day though, all had been too quiet and for the first time in months, no Charr had been sighted. Calhaan, a Captain in the Ascalon Vanguard, requested troops go north from the wall to investigate what the Charr were up to. If you choose to enter this mission, you will see what those scouts discovered on the fateful day."