The Last Hog
|The Last Hog|
|Given by|| Farmer Dirk |
in North Kryta Province
(Click to enlarge)
- A Prophecies character.
- Find Farmer Dirk's last remaining Prize-Winning Hog and chase it back to him.
- Return to Farmer Dirk for your reward.
From Farmer Dirk, you have to travel South. The prize winning hog is a bit South of the entrance to Nebo Terrace. At the junction to the Nebo Terrace entrance, four groups of two level 15 Gypsie Ettins will appear. Once these are killed, you need to "bump" the hog (like a soccerball) back to Farmer Dirk. If it gets stuck along the sides of the path, back off a bit and wait for it to move out enough that you can redirect it. You don't have to get the hog into the pen, just as far as Farmer Dirk.
"Can't beat the Ettins" walkthrough
If you cannot beat the 8 Ettins (coming in pairs), you can still finish the quest. When you "meet" the hog (at the blue dot), push it as fast as possible towards the south so the incoming Ettins stop before detecting you. Then push him around the east-side hill following the red dots. At the yellow dot, you'll meet a pack of Bog Scales, which you can either kill or run through. Walk through the village once more, reach the farmer, and you're done.
- 15 Gypsie Ettin (4 pairs)
- Farmer Dirk
- "I recognize you! You're <Character Name>, the one who got us through the mountains. If you have the time, I sure would appreciate it if you could help me with a problem. My last prize-winning hog has run off! He was heading south, but I'm afraid to go after him with all the ettins and those bird men about. He might be a little skittish, so you'll probably have to chase him back here.
- Will you retrieve my prize-winning hog for me?"
- Farmer Dirk
- "Thank you, <Character Name>! I'll never forget this. After losing half of my hogs in the Searing and the other half being turned into bacon for the journey through those mountains, I was worried sick that I'd lose this last little guy."