The Prize Moa Bird
|The Prize Moa Bird|
|Given by||Pitney |
in Lakeside County
|Preceded by||The Worm Problem|
(Click to enlarge)
Find Pitney's moa for him, somewhere in the Catacombs.
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Character in pre-Searing
- The Worm Problem completed
- Head to the catacombs and find Pitney's prize bird.
- Return to Pitney for your reward.
- 250 Experience
- Smiting Staff of Shelter
- Energy +5
- Holy Dmg: 3-5
- Armor +5 (vs. physical damage)
- Long Sword
- Slashing Dmg: 6-9
- Armor +5 (while casting)
- Halves casting time of spells (Chance: 5%)
After taking the quest, head to the Catacombs. Any of the three entrances will work, but Ashford Abbey is probably quickest.
From Ashford Abbey: Head south down one set of stairs, then west down another to come to a Y-intersection. Take the northwestern path and head west across a bridge and down yet another set of stairs. There are two paths north from this room: a near one which leads to a Flame Geyser, and a less obvious one on the far side of the room. Take the far one, then turn southwest after the second pillar. Deadly Crypt Spiders pop up along this section. Continue along this path until just before the walls change over to stone blocks, and you'll find a passage south. This passage leads to an intersection with a corridor with groups of undead. Continue south up one set of stairs and down another to find the Corpse of Prize Moa Bird.
From Green Hills County: Move past the Gargoyles and take the path south, turning west at the intersection. In the large circular room, head southwest and take the corridor south where Oberan the Reviled stands. After the corridor turns east, Deadly Crypt Spiders will start popping up. Where the stone wall on your right ends, take path south, and you'll come to an intersection with a corridor with groups of undead. Continue south up one set of stairs and down another to find the Corpse of Prize Moa Bird.
From Wizard's Folly: Simply follow the left wall to the northwest and you will enter a corridor with groups of undead. After two or three groups, you'll come to an intersection with corridors north, south, east (the way you came), and west. Turn south and head up one set of stairs and down another to find the Corpse of Prize Moa Bird.
Go near the corpse to complete the quest. Be aware that two Crypt Fiends spawn when you get near the corpse. It is possible to complete the quest without spawning the Crypt Fiends. Return to Pitney for your reward.
- 5 Prize Moa Bird (dead)
- "I'm at a loss. First those worms, and now someone has stolen my prize moa bird. To make matters worse, the tracks seem to indicate that whoever took her led off to the Catacombs! I don't have to tell you how dangerous it is down there."
- "But wait, you're a strong «profession». Would you be willing to find my poor bird and bring her back?"
- "My precious bird is dead? And part of some kind of ritual you say? Just my luck.... Well at least nothing worse can happen to me today. In any case, thank you for your trouble."