The Worm Problem
|The Worm Problem|
|Given by|| Pitney |
in Lakeside County
|Followed by||The Prize Moa Bird|
(Click to enlarge)
- Acquire a devourer egg from Fadden Hathorn in the devourer cave.
- Take the devourer egg to Pitney in Ashford.
- Follow Pitney and kill the Worm Queen.
- Return to Pitney for your reward.
- 250 Experience
- Fire Wand
First you must have the devourer egg. This can be obtained by doing The Egg Hunter quest, or trading 5 Skale Fins to Brownlow or trading 3 dull carapaces to Rownan. Once you've given the egg to Pitney, simply follow him to his field. He will attract the Worm Queen out of the ground. Once it is slain, talk to Pitney (who should be standing nearby) for your reward.
- "Ach! These worms will be the death of me! They've driven me off my farm! Doesn't matter how many I kill. As long as there's a queen worm, more will be back the next day."
- Here's what I'm thinking: Worms love devourer eggs, right? Can you get a devourer egg from Fadden Hathorn for me? I'll use it to lure the queen into the open, then you can squash her like the bug she is."
- "All right, I'll try to lure the queen into the open. You do the killing."
After taking the egg:
- Pitney: "Come on. My old field's this way!"
Reaching the fields:
- Pitney: "Here we go. Get ready for trouble."
When the Worm Queen appears:
- Pitney: "There she is. Kill her!"
- "Thank you so much! Those worms won't be a problem now."