|| Note: This RFA has been resolved. Please do not add further support/oppose opinions.
This request is for the sysophood of User:Wynthyst (talk • contribs).
Created by Wyn 11:06, 3 August 2008 (UTC).
- Accepted 16:28, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
 Candidate statement
I am submitting this request because I believe that with the sysop tools, I can do more to make this wiki better. I am currently focused on maintaining the guild namespace, and increasing the quality of the information that is presented there. However I am also active in watching for and reverting vandalism, working with new users, old users, and adding and organizing information when I see a need. I believe I have a good grasp of the policies on Guild Wars Wiki and will continue to do my best to support them, or work to change those that need to be changed.
- Support. Clear support. Wyn has the ability to stay calm and has shown a good grasp of the spirit of the policies. If something is getting messed, she has shown she can handle the situation, do what is needed and not rely on the letter of the policy. She even calms me down once in a while! - anja 12:06, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Especially with the work in the guild namespace, Wyn has shown that she is always calm and friendly even to unexperienced wiki users that are only here to set up a guild page. She is always helping wherever she can while focussing on important projects. I believe that the sysop tools will help her to manage the work in the guild namespace and have no doubt that she will also be able to help the wiki in general with it. poke | talk 13:14, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Always nice to me even when I was disagreeing. She could really be a very good administrator. — Seru Talk 13:54, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Wyn always appears able to stay calm even in difficult situations and is friendly and helpful to everyone especially less experienced users who are setting up a guild or user page for the first time. She also seems to have a good understanding of policies, has made great contributions to the wiki in various areas and I think she would handle the sysop tools well. --Kakarot 14:11, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. She is already a sysop, inofficially. - Y0_ich_halt 14:16, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. I feel that wynthyst is cool headed and would be good at this job. She is very dedicated to this game and would be a great asset. I also feel that "inofficially" is not a real word. --Lemming 17:21, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Agreed with the above. --People of Antioch 18:11, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Strong Support Wyn thinks things through, and is very calm. It was only a matter of time before she was put up for being a sysop. She could do no wrong with the tools. Good luck, Wyn! Calor 19:44, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Wyn should do fine. I also feel that "lemming" is not a real word. Backsword 20:13, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. It's hard to say that anybody really "needs" the Admin tools, but Wyn has proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is more than competent to use them in a responsible (and above all sensible) fashion. Wyn brings that extra "above and beyond the call of duty" mentality combined with an excellent grasp of the "spirit" of the policy that makes for an excellent Admin candidate. I also feel that "backsword" is not a real portmanteau. *Defiant Elements* +talk 21:41, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Wyn's already shown that she has a desire to better the wiki, and sysop tools in her hands not only make sense, but I feel that they will not be abused nor mishandled. Kokuou 22:46, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. This is long overdue; Wyn has always "been" a sysop in most peoples eyes. She is calm, friendly, level headed, and knows her way around policy. In addition, I am so happy that Wyn FINALLY did this; she will make a great sysop and she may even become a great bcrat someday :D --Shadowphoenix 01:21, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. A model of patience and qualities one should find in a sysop, as well as a person, in general. --Chaiyo Kaldor talk contribs 01:58, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Strong Support Wyn knows what she's doing here. She has gone above and beyond with her work, and would do extroardinarially well with the sysop tools. Best of luck, Wyn! :) -- Wandering Traveler 05:17, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Same as every one else. Staying calm and analyzing the situation is the key solution to every drama ~ Kurd / SCobra 19:51, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
- Enthusiastic Support. Wyn has been a solid contributor for quite some time now, and I believe she has the dedication, the responsibleness, and the wisdom to be a valuable sysop. She has a firm understanding of policy and wiki operation, and knows when to ask for help for what she doesn't understand. A very good addition to the sysop team. - Tanetris 12:49, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- I thought you were already a Sysop for a moment there ^^;; — ク Eloc 貢 18:28, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. There's not much to add to the ones before/above me. Totally agree with 12 and 17 :P <HORSEDROWNER> 11:28, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Support. Agree with all the above statements; Wyn would make a excellent sysop. -- Indochine talk 19:19, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
 Request for Reconfirmation
- Evidence Nbajammer 22:10, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- This situation with Noxify and this recent encounter with Halogod35 are examples of situations which have led me to become increasingly uncomfortable with Wynthyst's sysophood. I think some of Wyn's actions are emotion- or mood-motivated, which isn't a quality we like our sysops to have. While the 'snappy' attitude isn't what I'm overly concerned about here, it's the threatening (and sometimes carrying out) of administrative action; though, come to think of it, some of the reasons above for support, such as being calm or level-headed, are no longer always the case. Speaking as a sysop/bureaucrat, I'm not sure I can trust Wyn's discretion. -- Brains12 \ talk 23:43, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- On more than one occasion, I've seen Wyn takes things too personally which scares me in any admin (tbh, it's why I defended Auron, because he's able to separate his personal conflicts and his sysophood). I'll provide evidence later when I cbf to do so. Karate Jesus 23:57, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
- Wynthyst takes things too personal and has too much rage. Her attitude towards Halogod35 is also unacceptable for a sysop. Mini Me 13:15, 10 July 2009 (UTC)