|Section||Northern Shiverpeaks Quests|
( Tyrian only)
|Given by|| Necromancer Morgan |
in Yak's Bend
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Click to enlarge)
End the villainy of Verata, who is kidnapping Ascalon citizens to use in his experiments.
 Quest information
- Find Verata in Traveler's Vale and put an end to his experiments.
- Return to Necromancer Morgan for your reward.
Verata is found near the Ascalon Foothills. You have to fight some Verata's Fiends and Verata's Horrors to get to him. When you see him, he will raise a Bone Fiend and walk away. Return to Yak's Bend to get your reward.
 Initial dialogue
- Necromancer Morgan
- "As you've no doubt heard, there have been a number of recent disappearances among the townsfolk. Thus far, we've assumed they fell victim to the Stone Summit or other local menaces. The truth, Grenth forgive us, is something much much worse. One of our Order, a promising Necromancer named Verata, has been experimenting with new ways to enhance and maintain summoned minions. Normally this would be a good thing, however, in his lust for power Verata has been kidnapping Ascalon citizens for use in his experiments! He was also spotted waylaying travelers coming up into the mountains from Ascalon. We must stop him, quickly and discreetly, before anyone can link the disappearances with our Order. Can you be of help in this situation?"
 Intermediate dialogue
- Verata the Necromancer
- "Great progress... Now, my minions, you will live beyond your normal span."
- "Who interrupts my experiments? You are a dog sent by the Order to hound me, no doubt? You will regret crossing me whelp! You have not heard the last of me!"
 Reward dialogue
- Necromancer Morgan
- "Now that Verata knows that our Order is after him, he will be careful not to show his face. This was not the desired goal, but it is a result we can work with. you have done well under difficult circumstances, «name». Just as it is quick to punish those who violate our rules, our Order always rewards the faithful."
- This quest can be done easily at the same time as Shiverpeak Stragglers or Oswalt's Epitaph.
- For Shiverpeak Stragglers, you simply go a bit to the east, and can easily lead them back along the path you cleared.
- For Oswalt's Epitaph, travel to the Ascalon Foothills where his headstone is located.
- If you are a combination of Necromancer and Warrior, do this quest at the same time as Securing the Vale. Both will lead you to the area with Verata.
- The Verata's Fiends and Verata's Horror's aren't really minions, as they do not have the innate health degeneration of minions.